Dan Burn

Rich

Interesting quotes from Eddie Howe's presser today. He confirms that he now sees BDB as a leftback and not a CB played out of position. Could mean that we are more likely to buy a CB in the summer than competition for LB where we already have Burn and Targett competing.

Is it just that you couldn't possibly make an argument to put Burn ahead of Botman now?

So he either sees him as a left-back or as a substitute, and he's surely not going to say the latter.

Would expect us to sign a top-class left-back over a left-sided centre-back to "compete" in the summer, personally.

I think it's critical that we get another CB in regardless of how Burn is categorised tbh. Lascelles isn't even reliable against lower-league opposition now. I hope the guy gets a good move in the summer tbh.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I think it's critical that we get another CB in regardless of how Burn is categorised tbh. Lascelles isn't even reliable against lower-league opposition now. I hope the guy gets a good move in the summer tbh.

Yip. Add in 3 of the current starting back 4 are over 30.

To be honest, I imagine both a LB and a CB are on the list for the Summer, especially considering we will likely be playing some form of European football. 

Think we will get in a young CB who will slowly (over the course of next 12-18 month) been phased in in place of Schar. And I think ideally Howe want's the left side to carry the same attacking threat as the right, which means an LB who is far more accomplished in the attacking areas of the game. Lewis and Lascelles will likely both be on their way in the Summer, BDB becomes a great squad option who can step in at LB or CB without missing a beat. Targett a more dedicated back-up LB.