Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Loads of assumptions being made regarding the police and CPS. For example, if the accusations have been withdrawn and the victim is willing to provide evidence that casts any doubt at all, they won't run with the case. For clarity that's all total speculation, but I'm just giving an example that without all the facts, its difficult to draw any conclusions. 

:thup:

29 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I thought they didn’t need the victim as a witness in domestic violence cases, as long as there’s enough evidence.

I don’t think any UK club will take him.

They don't, but it's extremely difficult to convict under those circumstances. You need, for example, an independent witness to the abuse, or evidence of significant injuries that couldn't really have been caused any other way. Each case is considered on its own merits. In most DV cases, the IP's evidence is all the prosecution have, if that goes they can't just turn up in front of a Crown Court jury with a couple of audio clips and basically nowt else. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

There's no way Ten Hag plays him and risks dressing room disruption IMO. We can sell him now. He's on a contract until 2025 so a fee is better than a termination. 

I think abroad is the only option for him. 

Maybe. Just think the club would get hardly any fee for him now tbh, despite not going to court.

It's not to say he's innocent.

"In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction. In these circumstances, we are under a duty to stop the case."

That's frequently the case with sexual abuse and domestic violence - the lack of testimony from victims, potential witnesses and fundamentally a lack of evidence.

I do think he'll play again. I reckon he will go abroad (Italy perhaps) and likely come back to the PL in a season or two. Can see Man Utd trying to loan him out rather than sell.

It's all genuinely grim though.

He goes to an Italian team I reckon, after a while.

It’s a hard asset to just write off for Man Utd, it’s an easy case to make in todays mad money that he could have been worth 70-100 million. Certainly as much as Sancho.

17 minutes ago, Froggy said:

There's no way Ten Hag plays him and risks dressing room disruption IMO. We can sell him now. He's on a contract until 2025 so a fee is better than a termination. 

I think abroad is the only option for him. 

I’ll be praying that ManU can recoup a fee for him. 

15 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think there has to be a way for him to return to playing if they will not convict him or take him to trial. 

Court of public opinion isn't that fair tbh [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

So what’s the process for your club now? I mean you can’t just play him can you?

They either sell him, or play him. Given he’s been suspended, in prison, not training etc etc, I can’t see him being fit to play for a while yet so maybe they’ll try and drag out him not playing until the summer when they can try and get a price for him

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

So what’s the process for your club now? I mean you can’t just play him can you?

Well we can, and technically speaking there's nothing wrong with that. Morally though... How does that make our club look? How will the dressing react allowing an almost certain sexual abuser to join the squad?

He's a quality player, but no player is worth the circus that would follow. Just get rid ASAP. 

16 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Well we can, and technically speaking there's nothing wrong with that. Morally though... How does that make our club look? How will the dressing react allowing an almost certain sexual abuser to join the squad?

He's a quality player, but no player is worth the circus that would follow. Just get rid ASAP. 

I wonder if there's any risk of sponsors pulling the plug and the like? Grim that it's even a factor, but the club will definitely be looking at it. 

He'll go abroad and rebuild his career a bit. We've had murderers and whatnot playing in the PL before, there'll be some team with bankrupt morals willing to take him for sure.

From Man U's perspective they need to very quickly see if they can get a fee/loan fee for him and get him away ASAP. 

28 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Of course we do. He's under contract. We can't terminate an "innocent" man unless it's mutual. 

Yes you can.

It then becomes a Civil/Contract point where the burden is much lower than for a criminal court.

The tape in itself can easily be used to created a case of serious misconduct bringing the club into disrepute. It could get messy with lawyers but you'd have a good case of winning any tribunal if it got to that

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Does this imply that the victim herself didn't want to go forward? Not sure what other witnesses they originally had.

Obviously, I mean the victim’s dad took Greenwood’s side. Money>>>>>

Edited by Pata

34 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Was he registered before 3pm today to be eligible for the premier league squad?

2 hours ago, wyn davies said:

That's down to the jury I assume there was one and direction by the court along with a damn good barrister who generally put doubt in the minds of the jury as that is there job .

Dear me, I don’t often get annoyed, but seems as you have no idea and are so far off it’s dangerous, maybe not make comments?

it’s the CPS who are not taking action, no jury or court action has ever got close to the scum bag.

Edited by FLUMPO235