Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

First half I thought he was the best of a poor bunch alongside Isak. Was shaky as hell from 46 minutes to coming off. 

Bad thing is I thought Burn was even worse. Hopefully Hall is match fit soon.

Botman is so composed man. Burn in there is a massive drop off. 

I like Targett but after spending £70m on fullbacks I was a bit shy to see him

start. Are our wonderkids only for injury crisis?

Whats worse - I think Howe might start Lascelles and Burn at LB against Brentford. 

I want to see a wonderkids start. 

Targett was ok. 

9 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

First half I thought he was the best of a poor bunch alongside Isak. Was shaky as hell from 46 minutes to coming off. 

Bad thing is I thought Burn was even worse. Hopefully Hall is match fit soon.

Hall won't be match fit if he doesn't play games, that's my definition of match fit, playing games not getting fit on the training ground.

Just now, wyn davies said:

Hall won't be match fit if he doesn't play games, that's my definition of match fit, playing games not getting fit on the training ground.

If he's not fit enough to play games, he's going to get ripped apart. Last thing you want is to ruin a young kid's confidence from day 1.

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Was I imagining it or did he play as a LWF for like 20 odd mins in the first half :lol:

Thought it was Howe trying to psyche out Pep with a mad change of position.

Yes, he and Hall switched. There was a brief moment when Isak came wide when he was unmistakably in the CF position. :lol:

Imagine if Murphy had knocked it across to him for that chance in the first half...

1 hour ago, wormy said:

Fingers crossed this is his road back to important squad member. No more injuries, lad. 

Feel the same, cant help but like him. He was so good in his loan spell I really wanted him to kick on. Hopefully he gets more minutes, continues to improve and cements his place as a potential starter for whatever.

I thought his ball control and passing last night were exceptional, didn´t get forward that much but had a very good game.

Those passes he received from defence when he only had a half second to control and pass it on/move were high end, much better than big dan on the ball but he is probably a little worse at defending.

5 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

He's mint. Don't know why or how he was suddenly perceived to be shite by some people. He's a 7.5 out of 10 every week if he's fit and that's not to be sniffed at.

While I agree, he's a player who probably needs a run of games to get into full swing, despite his performance yesterday.

He managed to cut out a couple of cross field passes with his head. Good timing and decent leap. Was good to see. It’s what Burn absolutely excels at. 
If Targett can add that to his game it means Burn has to up his he weaker parts of his game (control and passing) to get in the team. Win win. 
I’m pretty much at the stage where I just trust Howe to play who’s most inform. 
We clamour for other players but when they get on the pitch we kind of see why they haven’t been starting regularly.

• 4 weeks later...