Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

• 3 months later...
56 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Has to be back soon now?

Interested to see if he comes back in and starts getting more minutes than Hall.

He’s been on that sodding bike for ages 

10 hours ago, Conjo said:

Was a no brainer to sign him permanently after the loan spell. Sad how things have played out with injuries.

Got that first injury at the worst possible time. Was absolutely fine up to them, his injury got Botman in the starting XI and we moved Burn out there, then we went on that great defensive run. I think we'd have been just as solid with Targett over Burn and we might have even won a few more during that spell where we seemed to draw loads as he offered something going forward too.

I'd be surprised if he got any meaningful minutes. He barely played when he was fit before and when he did he looked way off the pace. He won't be a shoe-in ahead of Burn so I can't him being brought up to speed slowly. 

Would expect us to try and shift him in the summer. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

Could really use a few starts from Targett as a showcase. Shifting him in the summer would be a huge win.

Yep, if we could get the 15 Million back and I think he's good value at that it would be great business.  He doesn't fit what eddie wants in a Leftback.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Yep, if we could get the 15 Million back and I think he's good value at that it would be great business.  He doesn't fit what eddie wants in a Leftback.

I'd take £15k if someone will take his wages.

I think you would be lucky to get much for Targett. I’d snap someone’s hand off for a few million. Most likely we’ll loan him out and pay a percentage of his wages.

3 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

15 million? [emoji38]

We'll get something like 6 million with add-ons amounting to 8 if we're lucky.

52 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

15 million? [emoji38]

We'll get something like 6 million with add-ons amounting to 8 if we're lucky.

Yeah, your probably right but he was excellent the first season.  I thought it was a good fee when we signed him, I don't think many thought it wassn't.  Remember now 15M is basically a bang-average premier league player.

Edited by relámpago blanco