Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Good solid signing and risk free to dressing room spirit and wage structure which I think is quite clearly EH’s priority but goes without saying he doesn’t improve us from last season.

Don’t know about that like LFEE. Not having to rely on the likes of Matt Richie for half the season must be worth a few points at least compared to last season.

Good signing, a player who's a reliable 7 out 10 every weeker. A player for team/club rebuilding from decades of neglect. Aye he's not the long term aim I dont suppose, but we aren't that club or team yet, we're miles away still.

What we have is a good solid pro, a player who will help build the foundations for long term success. 

Edited by Bimpy474

36 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well I guess they must be happy enough with Digne then. Seems like they've got a giant stick up their arse about us for some reason though, but that's their problem.

Always have done for whatever reason. Stopped for a while when they were shit but back again when there was something to gloat about.

16 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Just need Ake, Raphina, Phillips and Abraham in now…

We won't, but nor should we sign any of these, Abraham aside.  Far too overpriced.   All good players but it would cost far too much.  I'm not 100% about Raphinha either.  Would never work with ASM on the other side.  I wanted him in the past but I've watched him a lot and I think we can only afford one such player.

Guest HTT II

He’s actually underrated going forward, I love this delicate clipped balls forward he plays and he isn’t a negative defender either, when on the ball even facing his own goal he looks to turn and play forward passes. He’s not quick or marauding, but he’s a decent passer or user of the ball. That will do for me. He’s basically an English Enrique.

22 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Just need Ake, Raphina, Phillips and Abraham in now…

Nathan Ake would be a phenomenal signing for us. Proper physical defender - him and Burn in the middle with Trippier guarding the quicker players would be brilliant, nothing would get past them. Only problem is that City still rate Ake and want him to stay on their bench. I can't see it happening unless Ake forces the move unfortunately.

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

We won't, but nor should we sign any of these, Abraham aside.  Far too overpriced.   All good players but it would cost far too much.  I'm not 100% about Raphinha either.  Would never work with ASM on the other side.  I wanted him in the past but I've watched him a lot and I think we can only afford one such player.

200m would get you them, 40m Ake, 50m Phillips, 50m Raphina, 60m Abraham - they would turn is into a potential top 4 side. Not going to happen I know, but those are the players I’d ideally love us to sign. If not Raphina maybe Sarr in his place and DCL in place of Abraham.

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Nathan Ake would be a phenomenal signing for us. Proper physical defender - him and Burn in the middle with Trippier guarding the quicker players would be brilliant, nothing would get past them. Only problem is that City still rate Ake and want him to stay on their bench. I can't see it happening unless Ake forces the move unfortunately.

Agreed, I rate him highly, he’s not the tallest or the biggest but he has pace, aggression and is good in the air and decent on the ball. And he’s the son of Gullit…

10 minutes ago, huss9 said:
15 minutes ago, Peppe said:

We need another interview with him! In the one when he joined on loan he was so awkward it hurt my insides :smug:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/targett-im-really-looking-forward-to-the-next-four-years/

Thanks! Wasn't as awkward as I remember but I like how everything below his neck is perfectly still for 6 minutes :D

I just read this on a Villa forum which in think is correct and pretty much echoes my take on it. 

He’s a decent player, he did well for us but wasn’t strong enough going forward (which is how the manager likes to play) and he no longer has a £100m further up the pitch doing that bit for him. So we bought a top level left back who does fit the bill. 

At Newcastle he’ll have Saint-Maximiniminimin doing the attacking stuff for him. 

It is a good deal for both clubs and for the player. There doesn’t always have to be someone getting their pants pulled down. 

He seems a good lad and I hope it works out for him.

these excitable kids on twitter are getting on my tits. 

it’s like watching two bald men fighting over a comb.