Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

4 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:
6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think he’s more than 7/10 most of the time. 

70% of the time he’s a 7/10 every time

He's perfect, a solid 5 out of 7.

As, rightly, pointed out by the majority of people this signing is a no brainer. 

It's not like we're instantly going to have full backs charging past their wingers every 5 minutes. Both able to relax their defensive responsibilities because the CBs are worldies. We ain't Liverpool 😂

We've gone from having a winger play there for the best part of two years to having an experienced, strong defender with some attacking ability and a decent fitness record. It's a hell of an upgrade.

Twitter really is a cesspool like. Folk going out of their way to say he'll be a good signing for the Championship in 2 years. :lol:

Mind, some of our fanbase on Twitter are a fucking embarrassment too.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Absolutely delighted with this 

Aye, it’s a no brainer and for him to be the first signing of the window is nice lil nod of good things to come.

He came here and immediately settled into the team, took to the club, fans and acted like a model pro.

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Couldn't possibly graft his way into the World Cup, surely? I'm struggling to come up with another left back without googling and we're, currently, playing a right back there.

Nope.

I think Trippier & Saka will need to both get injured before Targett is in. Chilwell should be going

World cup squad will be announced ~20th October, around 30 days before it starts. I doubt there are enough games before then for Targett to play his way into the squad with him never having been capped before.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

World cup squad will be announced ~20th October, around 30 days before it starts. I doubt there are enough games before then for Targett to play his way into the squad with him never having been capped before.

Can't believe he wasn't called up for these recent games that have just been played, and they've been playing Trippier on the left. 

30 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nope.

I think Trippier & Saka will need to both get injured before Targett is in. Chilwell should be going

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Can't believe he wasn't called up for these recent games that have just been played, and they've been playing Trippier on the left. 

Forgot about Chilwell. 

Must be a kick in the bollox for left backs seeing a right back playing there ahead of them even if he is God

36 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nope.

Saka has been too good further forward to be played at left back anymore.

No chance they lose Saks's effectiveness further forward and drop him back there ahead of taking Targett.

As for Chilwell, I think he might have it tough because he's been injured for ages, and even before then Tuchel was mucking him about and didn't seem to fancy him over Alonso.

He has to have a chance if he’s the best performing English LB in the league for the first half of the season. 

Depends on how comfortable Southgate is with playing Trippier there I suppose. And if Chilwell makes any kind of comeback.