Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I think Pep's holding City back and he peaked 2 or 3 years ago. His failure to replace Aguero with an actual number 9 and his insistence on playing wingers as false 9s has cost City dearly many times over. They also completely lack leadership since Kompany left, manifesting itselt in bed-shitting results like this and the other week against Liverpool.

The worst thing is, Pep never, ever, learns from failure. He also refuses to have a 'Plan B'. His Tiki Taka looks great putting away shite teams 7-0, but as soon as they come up against a top drawer team, they look like school boys.

Great manager a few years ago, but he needs a couple of years out to reload and come back fresh.

:dowie:

This is laughable. Not even 3 minutes injury time was played, when the board went up the ball was out for a goal kick, it wasn't taken until a minute in and the the ref blows early as well.

Not sure what the fuck happened to this ref after 90 minutes but he definitely had an agenda.

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

3 minutes :lol: 

The ref might actually be on the take

He didn't even play them :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Definitely needs his accounts examining at a minimum. 

1 minute ago, HUGZ said:

haha he even blew early, man. what a crook

So on brand. Absolutely fascinating how much Spanish/Italian refs despise stoppage time. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

He tried to sign Kane in the summer.

Now trying to sign Haaland. 

There'd be no false 9s if he had signed either of the above. 

He's had three years to replace Aguero. And Kane and Haaland aren't the only two 9s in the world. City need 2/3 proper 9s. They currently have none.

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

This is laughable. Not even 3 minutes injury time was played, when the board went up the ball was out for a goal kick, it wasn't taken until a minute in and the the ref blows early as well.

Not sure what the fuck happened to this ref after 90 minutes but he definitely had an agenda.

Paid per game in Europe. Nobody fancies working late without overtime like. Bet he just wanted a bath.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

They'll recover cos they'll go close again next season, I think that's part of why they're not that passionate, they know they'll be back for the league/CL the next season and have as good a chance as any.

For us in 96, might have been our only shot. Not that I/we ever got over that mind.

Edited by Wolfcastle

7 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Can you imagine being a Man City fan watching this man. :lol: I'd just die I reckon 

That's the good thing about being shite in a way. What is dead can never die, and all that. Being the Theon of football had a strange comfort to it.