Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Disagree. Difference was a little luck and a bloody good gk who had a good day.

Feel Liverpool edged it on the day but weren't clinical enough or had that slice of luck.

That's football, right!

Nah, I fancied Madrid to win this from the start.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Liverpool being overrated is a mental take. 92 points, made it to 3 finals, winning 2 of them. I get that they've ultimately disappointed, but they're still a ridiculously good side. Only lost the league due to City being slightly more insane, only lost this final due to Courtois having an actual worldie.

I’m pretty sure they are both easily in the top 5 teams to ever exist.

Imagine being a Liverpool fan who waited at 4am to get picked up by a coach that never existed to scramble to Paris across the Channel to spend hours waiting to get in to not watch your team get beat, and your reward is getting tear gassed.

Chef's kiss.

Edited by Neil

10 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

3 finals 0 goals and no wins against a top 4 team this season. Of course they are a very good side but talk of them as one of the best club sides in history off some of the pundits.

Didn't realise they hadn't beaten a top 4 team. Knew they didn't beat City.

Ancelotti won four Champions League now, two with Madrid and two with Milan, and the first manager to win the league in each of England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Nah, they are the best two sides but anything can happen in a knockout or a final.

I think we have to say they are the 2nd and 3rd best tbh.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Aye expected more from them 

They forced 9 saves and had 24 shots at them. Real keeper had some exceptional stops. The Salah one was bending in off the far post, it was perfectly hit and it was a exceptional save. There was plenty of great saves from well taken attempts at goal.

Screenshot_20220528-224024_Chrome.thumb.jpg.068a85933137dc7e79869a92e1493dd2.jpg

Just now, hakka said:

They forced 9 saves and had 24 shots at them. Real keeper had some exceptional stops. The Salah one was bending in off the far post, it was perfectly hit and it was a exceptional save. There was plenty of great saves from well taken attempts at goal.

Screenshot_20220528-224024_Chrome.thumb.jpg.068a85933137dc7e79869a92e1493dd2.jpg

Thought Madrid still looked in good control for most the second half and had a few chances to kill the game of themselves. Don't think it was a great performance by Liverpool.