Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

6 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

Wouldn’t mind putting in a cheeky bid for Sancho, give him a way out of this mess

Even if he wanted out, do you think he'd be up to taking a +50% wage cut just to get out of there? :lol: No way would we be paying a high risk player like him anything close to the reported ~£350k a week he is on. Even if the transfer fee was low, that's squad disruptively high wages for someone that managed 5 goals and 3 assists in 38 games last season.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Look, all the information is out there for you to see rather than just coming out with completely inaccurate posts. 

The Glazers have always invested (the clubs money) the absolute minimum required. We were the biggest club in the world under Ferguson and over his last 8 seasons with the club we had a net spend of £20m a season. They allowed our rivals to catch up. 

When Woodward came in he started making the footballing decisions in regards to signings and got almost every one wrong. Moyes wanted Fabregas and Bale and was given Fellaini. He also fucked about with the deal which lead to us paying something like £5m more than we needed to as he let a release clause expire trying to negotiate the price. He couldn't even successfully sign Leighton Baines. 

Van Gaal has been open about wanting players and that the board would never sign them. 

Mourinho was told he couldn't have Alderweireld as he wouldn't fit our defensive system. Imagine Jose Mourinho being told who would and wouldn't fit. Maguire was Woodward's target instead. Worked out well. 

Even look at more recent times with Rangnick. He was saying about our desperate need for a striker in January. He identified Diaz, Vlahovic and Alvarez and was told no. Rangnick was a good choice for director of football and instead of we've got Darren fucking Fletcher and we've let Rangnick go. Now Liverpool have signed Diaz, City have signed Alvarez and Juventus have signed Vlahovic. Our big hope coming into this season was Anthony Martial. 

Woodward (basically a Glazer) has spunked the clubs money up the wall signing OK players for huge fees and putting OK players on huge contracts. 

Small blame goes to the managers and players, but the vast majority goes to the shit show of a board. Arnold and Murtough don't seem to have a clue either. Literally spent 3 months chasing a player who has no intention of coming and now we're scrambling to sign Rabiot and we would have signed Arnautovic if our fans didn't kick up about it. 

From the outside, watching the club spend millions, have their pick of managers, have wall to wall media coverage and still have fans crying about not being in the Champions League means that sympathy is always likely to be in short supply.

However, we've been through it here where the club's owners are so toxic and not only fail to understand football (talk of brands, and value, and commercial exploitation instead of bloody FOOTBALL), but to brag about their money earning, that I can't help but have a bit of empathy.

It has amazed me for years that the solution has always been a new manager, or getting in 'young hungry players'. But it seems a rotten culture and the fish rots from the head down as they say. It has always felt like deckchair rearrangement.

Some Man U fans being entitled, annoying and in pure disbelief that they aren't winning everything means that for an outsider it's delicious to watch.

But that said, for the actual football fans amongst your lot, I do wish the Glazers and their like to be gone from football altogether. Nothing worse than having your sport stolen from you by vultures, really no-one deserves that.

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

Look, all the information is out there for you to see rather than just coming out with completely inaccurate posts. 

The Glazers have always invested (the clubs money) the absolute minimum required. We were the biggest club in the world under Ferguson and over his last 8 seasons with the club we had a net spend of £20m a season. They allowed our rivals to catch up. 

When Woodward came in he started making the footballing decisions in regards to signings and got almost every one wrong. Moyes wanted Fabregas and Bale and was given Fellaini. He also fucked about with the deal which lead to us paying something like £5m more than we needed to as he let a release clause expire trying to negotiate the price. He couldn't even successfully sign Leighton Baines. 

Van Gaal has been open about wanting players and that the board would never sign them. 

Mourinho was told he couldn't have Alderweireld as he wouldn't fit our defensive system. Imagine Jose Mourinho being told who would and wouldn't fit. Maguire was Woodward's target instead. Worked out well. 

Even look at more recent times with Rangnick. He was saying about our desperate need for a striker in January. He identified Diaz, Vlahovic and Alvarez and was told no. Rangnick was a good choice for director of football and instead of we've got Darren fucking Fletcher and we've let Rangnick go. Now Liverpool have signed Diaz, City have signed Alvarez and Juventus have signed Vlahovic. Our big hope coming into this season was Anthony Martial. 

Woodward (basically a Glazer) has spunked the clubs money up the wall signing OK players for huge fees and putting OK players on huge contracts. 

Small blame goes to the managers and players, but the vast majority goes to the shit show of a board. Arnold and Murtough don't seem to have a clue either. Literally spent 3 months chasing a player who has no intention of coming and now we're scrambling to sign Rabiot and we would have signed Arnautovic if our fans didn't kick up about it. 

It really does seem that the big issue has been a lack of any decent structure being put in place behind the scenes, and in the recruitment space in particular. You seemed to be finally addressing this with Ragnick and then he was sent packing!

I genuinely cannot see how you bounce back from this anytime soon. So many clubs much smaller than you lot have much better structures in place now. The fact you are after the likes of Arnautovic and Rabiot really says it all. And that Martinez I'm sure is a decent player, but he's cost you twice what we paid for Botman, who looks a far better Premier League prospect at centre back.

All those years Ferguson was doing the business it appears the guys behind the scenes at board and exec level were just having a jolly up and riding his coat tails and nothing tangible was put in place. It's pretty shocking really.

5 minutes ago, Abacus said:

From the outside, watching the club spend millions, have their pick of managers, have wall to wall media coverage and still have fans crying about not being in the Champions League means that sympathy is always likely to be in short supply.

However, we've been through it here where the club's owners are so toxic and not only fail to understand football (talk of brands, and value, and commercial exploitation instead of bloody FOOTBALL), but to brag about their money earning, that I can't help but have a bit of empathy.

It has amazed me for years that the solution has always been a new manager, or getting in 'young hungry players'. But it seems a rotten culture and the fish rots from the head down as they say. It has always felt like deckchair rearrangement.

Some Man U fans being entitled, annoying and in pure disbelief that they aren't winning everything means that for an outsider it's delicious to watch.

But that said, for the actual football fans amongst your lot, I do wish the Glazers and their like to be gone from football altogether. Nothing worse than having your sport stolen from you by vultures, really no-one deserves that.

If the Glazers sell up, they’ll sell to somebody who will plough loads in and make them successful again, at which point their fans will return to being arrogant cunts and acting like it is just the natural way of things. Not sure why you want that to happen. Let them rot.

The biggest problem Man Utd have is that they are unwilling to accept that any rebuild takes time. They keep trying to switch the computer on and off, in the hope that it will start working again, instead of actually getting a new one.

The first thing the need to do is get rid of their rotten core of players. Get 3 or 4 young players into the side and inject some energy.

I'm down in the South and the Man Utd fans down here are most arrogant, obnoxious and egoistical of any other team (in my experience), West Ham's run them close but the Man Utd fans here are just horrendous and so easy to despise.

I've no doubt Froggy is a sound lad, but I'm revelling in the shambles Man Utd have become, i can't help but laugh, laugh and laugh, it's hilarious and i don't want it to ever end.