Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Bruce on the touchline hoying it up to big Andy. Great memories [emoji38]

I know their were rumors of us being in for Brereton-Diaz for 30 mil. I'll be disappointed if we passed on him for Wood due to "Premiership experience. I've been really impressed with him.

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=24141&page=6

"Deep back 4, huge gaps between the lines, isolated front 1/3 depending on the turnover position. Hardly any touches in the oppos box. Hardly any key passes.
Predicable and boring, but that what we voted for."

Yes, I'm familiar with his work

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=24141&page=6

"Deep back 4, huge gaps between the lines, isolated front 1/3 depending on the turnover position. Hardly any touches in the oppos box. Hardly any key passes.
Predicable and boring, but that what we voted for."

Yes, I'm familiar with his work

"I remember when we used to have 25 shots in a game and couldn’t score. Now we have 4 or 5 and can’t score. Much better"

"It's like 11 strangers, formation is better, but no cohesion or communication."

"There's no great change in the reality of our play. But shape and approach is straight shite now, and is how Bruce has always set his teams up. I could atleast get behind the last managers philosophy."

"Another manager with zero plan B"

Still many of them blaming the players more than Bruce. Will probably take another month or two before the majority of them gets past the denial stage.

43 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I don't, they mostly welcomed him and thought our treatment of him was unfair 

So let them suffer 

Elongated Stockholm syndrome from having a cabal of awful managers. Still, be fucking hilarious to see them fail again.

23 minutes ago, Conjo said:

"I remember when we used to have 25 shots in a game and couldn’t score. Now we have 4 or 5 and can’t score. Much better"

"It's like 11 strangers, formation is better, but no cohesion or communication."

"There's no great change in the reality of our play. But shape and approach is straight shite now, and is how Bruce has always set his teams up. I could atleast get behind the last managers philosophy."

"Another manager with zero plan B"

Still many of them blaming the players more than Bruce. Will probably take another month or two before the majority of them gets past the denial stage.

“Zero plan B” wait til you find out that he hasn’t actually got a plan A and just throws all his strikers on and hopes for the best, only for it to completely unbalance the team and fuck any chance of a positive result.

I still thank my lucky stars that the embarrassing cunt isn’t here anymore. 

I felt really down today after hearing of Trips injury. But then read this thread and it has reminded me of how glad I am that Bruce is no longer our manager.  

Edited by duo

Good old Steve Bruce splitting a fanbase again.

Val got the best out of this rag bag conning bunch of players. The Fans were furious we was not 2nd or closer to automatic promotion & because the style of Football wasn't the greatest ("Its not the Albion way*) This got to the Players who downed tools and basically it got Val the sack. Bruce has come in and its more or less the same but the fans will be more understanding due to "He is not Val" "Good manager is Steve" 

The Fans didn't boo at Half time they would have done is it was Val or even at full time. We had 2 shots on Target in a terrible game which if Blackburn showed more ambition would have won this game but they was very poor as well. 

We got what we deserve as Fans

Some of the WBA fans feel the club need a overhaul, in terms of direction, players, staff, vision and etc. How on earth they came to a decision and thought Steve Bruce would be great to lead this project? Which club has he done it at before? He basically helped dismantle us for big Mike, not help make it even better ffs.

Edited by nufcjb

WBA are a club who for years I could probably name of their core 13-14 players very easily. They used to bounce up and down the divisions with the same players who were somewhere between Champ and Prem ability wise. Just looked at their squad now and most of it is a total mystery.

I’d be annoyed if I was a WBA fan. They got their 1st promotion to the Premier League in 2004, and have spent most of the time being happy to go up and down without really investing in players better than relegation candidates. They would have gained a lot of money in that time too and their stadium is a reasonable level of quality where they don’t really need to upgrade the facilities or expand it.

In the time they have had in the Premier League and the money they have had from it they should be an established Premier League team who were never really going to go down and should have flirted with the European places. Instead they have brought in PFM’s after PFM, and wasted money on players without much ability and now they find themselves mid table in the Championship with Steve Bruce managing them, a Steve Bruce who if at any point could have been classed as good, is long past that.

5 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Some of the WBA fans feel the club need a overhaul, in terms of direction, players, staff, vision and etc. How on earth they came to a decision and thought Steve Bruce would be great to lead this project? Which club has he done it at before? He basically helped dismantle us for big Mike, not help make it even better ffs.

That's it. Many are giving him benefit of the doubt as a new man in right now but the way they're describing how they played is how Bruce would play after 2games or 2years, its his style.