Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

I don't understand why folk get so worked up about something that is completely subjective. Personally speaking, Ronaldo is the greatest finisher I've ever seen, but Messi is the greatest footballer I've ever seen. People might disagree, but that's football. The creepy fan clubs are weird as fuck.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I don't understand why folk get so worked up about something that is completely subjective. Personally speaking, Ronaldo is the greatest finisher I've ever seen, but Messi is the greatest footballer I've ever seen. People might disagree, but that's football. The creepy fan clubs are weird as fuck.

Messi is the best footballer I've ever seen. Ronaldo is the greatest. 

Can't imagine anyone who's staunchly Messi or Ronaldo even giving an inch at this point tbh. I've always thought Ronaldo being involved in a comparison with Messi was a massive compliment to him if you dare to look beyond goals, but it's a waste of time trying to argue over it now I think.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Can't imagine anyone who's staunchly Messi or Ronaldo even giving an inch at this point tbh. I've always thought Ronaldo being involved in a comparison with Messi was a massive compliment to him if you dare to look beyond goals, but it's a waste of time trying to argue over it now I think.

Yeah, this is a fair point

I don't think amongst all the debates I've seen or been involved with when it comes to Messi-Ronaldo any side has went "oh yeah, since you say that he is better"

Though, I do find the reasons given by those that say Ronaldo often find their reasoning crumble under the slightest bit of questioning (as evidenced by Froggy tonight)

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's also brutal that in any other era, Iniesta would be considered the greatest on the planet, but he never really got a sniff. He was a sensational footballer.

Aye, such a graceful footballer, the way he would glide past players was a joy to watch 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

It's also brutal that in any other era, Iniesta would be considered the greatest on the planet, but he never really got a sniff. He was a sensational footballer.

Messi got the plaudits in the two finals against us in '09 and' 11 but Iniesta was absolutely sublime. 

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Though, I do find the reasons given by those that say Ronaldo often find their reasoning crumble under the slightest bit of questioning (as evidenced by Froggy tonight)

I replied to the only question posed by you. Not the slightest bit of crumble. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Messi got the plaudits in the two finals against us in '09 and' 11 but Iniesta was absolutely sublime. 

In 09 I thought Iniesta and Xavi were better than Messi but in 11 Messi was clearly the best player on the pitch, though Iniesta and Xavi were mint too

Absolutely loved watching both of those finals

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I replied to the only question posed by you. Not the slightest bit of crumble. 

You didn't reply when I pointed out Messi won 6 La Liga's vs 2 for Ronaldo when they were in a direct rivalry. Even one of the years Real won, the biggest moment of the season was a last minute winner in El Clasico where he got a hat trick by Messi

Just now, triggs said:

You didn't reply when I pointed out Messi won 6 La Liga's vs 2 for Ronaldo when they were in a direct rivalry. Even one of the years Real won, the biggest moment of the season was a last minute winner in El Clasico where he got a hat trick by Messi

That Barca side was the greatest side ever assembled. Pretty easy argument that. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

That Barca side was the greatest side ever assembled. Pretty easy argument that. 

That accounts for maybe 2 of the La Liga wins. When Real were dominating Europe Barca still mostly had the upper hand in Spain

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

On the flipside it's also ridiculous that when the argument comes up it's all about Ronaldo's dedication. His natural talent is also incredible. 

Still think there's a difference in being the best and being the greatest. 

Federer is the best tennis player of all time, but Nadal or Djokovic will likely go down as the greatest. Tom Brady isn't the best quarterback of all time but will go down as the greatest. Michael van Gerwen is the best darts player ever seen, but Phil Taylor is the greatest. 

What Ronaldo is doing now at 37 years of age in the strongest league in the world and in the CL for Man United compared to what Messi is doing in a relatively poor league for PSG has to speak volumes. People always doubted what Messi would do if he left a set up at Barca that was completely built around him. We all expected him to bang in 30 this year, but he hasn't. Ronaldo has done it internationally and for four different clubs in four different counties. 

People talk about how Ronaldo isn't a creator, but in the champions league and international football he contributes more than Messi does. He has more assists than Messi in the CL and far more goals. Why is the CL not the benchmark? 

Messi at Barca was incredible. Ronaldo is incredibly no matter where he has went. 

Ronaldo is the greatest player of all time. 

Amen 

8 hours ago, OCK said:

Ronaldo scores a hattrick against Spurs and suddenly he's the best player in the universe. Ever. [emoji38]

He has done a few other things in his time OCK. :lol:

It's one of the great debates of our time. If Messi scores a hat trick today it'll flare up again. 

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He has done a few other things in his time OCK. :lol:

It's one of the great debates of our time. If Messi scores a hat trick today it'll flare up again. 

How many women has Messi paid off to keep quiet about rape claims? Messi for me. Only folk without morals would support Cristiano.

9 hours ago, The Prophet said:

You're not wrong - if you mean he who is no longer playing.

12 hours ago, The Bonk said:

The crime of the century is Messi leaving Barca. He never should have left Spain in hindsight.

Well obviously he's trained- slightly missing my point.