Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

"There is only so much you can keep trying to butter someone up to give them confidence," manager Lampard said.

"We are playing at the cut-throat end of football here. This is a cup quarter-final to get to Wembley and if you haven't got the confidence to play, you can quickly flip it and say have you got the bollocks to play?

"Sorry, excuse me, but that is the football reality. If you fall somewhere in the middle then don't worry about it."

First-half goals from Marc Guehi and Jean-Philippe Mateta put Palace in full control, before Wilfried Zaha and Will Hughes secured the win.

"We didn't play that badly today and Palace didn't play that well and we lost 4-0 because of a lack of confidence and a lack of what I just said," Lampard added.

"It wasn't tactics. Tactics showed in the first 20 minutes Palace couldn't get out of their half."

1 minute ago, Away Toon said:

"There is only so much you can keep trying to butter someone up to give them confidence," manager Lampard said.

"We are playing at the cut-throat end of football here. This is a cup quarter-final to get to Wembley and if you haven't got the confidence to play, you can quickly flip it and say have you got the bollocks to play?

"Sorry, excuse me, but that is the football reality. If you fall somewhere in the middle then don't worry about it."

First-half goals from Marc Guehi and Jean-Philippe Mateta put Palace in full control, before Wilfried Zaha and Will Hughes secured the win.

"We didn't play that badly today and Palace didn't play that well and we lost 4-0 because of a lack of confidence and a lack of what I just said," Lampard added.

"It wasn't tactics. Tactics showed in the first 20 minutes Palace couldn't get out of their half."

Frank Bruce.

8 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Please tell me you have just made that up.

Guest neesy111
28 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They’ve used the only angle that’d ever get this line in that position like :lol: 

We’re looking at it miles behind the actual play.

FOUSZEbWQAM35Eh?format=jpg&name=large

That's onside that.

4 minutes ago, Robster said:

Oh my god :lol:

Christ, that's a seriously quick amount of time to have lost the plot in. It's becoming clearer and clearer to me how much of his chirpy media personality is fake.

Edited by Kid Icarus