Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, CPL said:

Villa are one of our rivals this year as oppose to Everton compared to last season.

Under Gerrard Villa are going to be nowhere near top half. Good squad but all over the place.

Anyone else have the feeling both sets of fans/clubs in this Villa game are concerned about safety? Atmosphere was canny subdued 'til the 60th minute and at theel end they seemed so desperate like. Both on the pitch and after. Think reality is maybe setting in about their managers like. Lampard is a chancer with friends in the media and football and Gerrard is very much learning I feel. Think Lampard will be gone by Christmas and at this rate Everton will be bottom 6 at least. Villa will be in that next 6 to 8 teams but their defending of set plays is atrocious. 

Just now, STM said:

Be interested to see how Villa fans react to this win.

Will they still see their shite performance or is it Stevie forgiven?

Honestly, it reminded me so much of wins we would get under Bruce.

A couple of good moments from Maxi Buendia and Wilson Ings, amidst some terribly unconvincing and frustratingly bad play.

Just now, KaKa said:

Honestly, it reminded me so much of wins we would get under Bruce.

A couple of good moments from Maxi Buendia and Wilson Ings, amidst some terribly unconvincing and frustratingly bad play.

Not to mention utter panic stations in the final minutes with an equalizer feeling inevitable and half the crowd going home clutching their chests

Just now, triggs said:

What a goal by Jesus 

Was listening to a Man City fan this week on some podcast, and he was saying that Pep stifled his game, and that when he was signed from Palmeiras that he looked far more exciting a signing as a modern complete forward. He was nervous about him becoming that player they were initially expecting but with Arsenal.