Newcastle United 3 - 1 Everton (08/02/2022)

Disco

Get the fuck in. Never thought I'd have said this at the start of the season - but I'm so proud of this team. The fucking fight they've got in them. Credit has to go to Howe for getting this level of effort out of them. Every person out there worked their balls off. Wood our worst player but honestly feels like he needs one to go his way and he'll start scoring, he's getting in the right positions. Trippier is a LEADER. Fucking brilliant. I love this team. Love the manager. Love the owners. LOVE THIS CLUB

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Not that I want to criticize ASM but Bruno was in for a goal there 100 

Yup, they just met a couple days ago so wait till they get fully playing together and training more than a few days together.

Edited by McDog

Ok so my throat is killing me, ASM and Trippier fighting for MOTM, finally some positives to look at, some quality performances out there today. You can see the confidence building, let's hope they can carry it forward.

Massive win that, Trippier and ASM were immense. Trippier moreso than ASM in my eyes, he just does everything so well and never seems to make the wrong decision. Nice to have a LB who performed well on his debut also and didn't seem overawed.

And Bruno will improve this team massively.

Edited by Sean

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Dubravka - 7

Trippier - 9.5

Lascelles - 7

Schar - 6

Targett - 7

Shelvey - 6

Joelinton - 6.5

Willock - 7

ASM - 10

Wood - 5

Fraser - 7

A seven for Targett feels low. Quietly one of the top three or four performers tonight. 

Really loved how much we wanted it tonight. Even Shelvey was up for it, even if he couldn't keep up the pace as usual, but Lascelles coming back strong after that own goal summed up the desire for me. That team's not getting relegated.