Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Gerrard using some  patter “straight out of Steve Bruce’s PFM bullshit handbook”

"I’ve got two ears so I heard the fans' frustrations. Last time I checked my ears are still working so I picked up everything," said Gerrard. "I’ve been in the game long enough that if you lose three games out of four, it’s not the start the supporters want or what I want.

"We share our supporters’ frustration and there is no-one more frustrated than me. The only thing we can do now is act and try to put it right. I’m all in to make that happen, my staff as well, but it has to come from within the players. The players have to stay together now and find results to move up the table."

Villa suffered defeats to Bournemouth and Crystal Palace before their latest loss, with their poor run of form starting at the end of last season when they only defeated two teams who were eventually relegated in their final 11 games.

"We’re frustrated at the moment," Gerrard added. "We have not put enough points on the board, certainly for the players we have in the dressing room our return has not been enough. I’m aware of that.

"We have a choice to either feel sorry for ourselves and continue, or we roll our sleeves up, stick together and try to put it right. I need to lead that and that is what I'll try to do."

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Gerrard using some  patter “straight out of Steve Bruce’s PFM bullshit handbook”

"I’ve got two ears so I heard the fans' frustrations. Last time I checked my ears are still working so I picked up everything," said Gerrard. "I’ve been in the game long enough that if you lose three games out of four, it’s not the start the supporters want or what I want.

"We share our supporters’ frustration and there is no-one more frustrated than me. The only thing we can do now is act and try to put it right. I’m all in to make that happen, my staff as well, but it has to come from within the players. The players have to stay together now and find results to move up the table."

Villa suffered defeats to Bournemouth and Crystal Palace before their latest loss, with their poor run of form starting at the end of last season when they only defeated two teams who were eventually relegated in their final 11 games.

"We’re frustrated at the moment," Gerrard added. "We have not put enough points on the board, certainly for the players we have in the dressing room our return has not been enough. I’m aware of that.

"We have a choice to either feel sorry for ourselves and continue, or we roll our sleeves up, stick together and try to put it right. I need to lead that and that is what I'll try to do."

image.thumb.png.a9ad5da5465394d8cb5b697fc0f02807.png

image.thumb.png.a7495044ee7b385e117b8d2b752f65c5.png