Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Change is difficult 'for them'? 

What a fuckin charlatan man. With us he couldn't change formations over night, with wba he's just fucked that off and went straight for the players.

Nobody deserves this cunt, bar the mackems. 

I honestly think Bruce is exactly who Roy Keane had in mind when he was ranting to Gary Neville on the podcast about the same old managers getting jobs despite failing because they play the game and network, obviously he wouldn't call him out in public being an ex teammate but it probably frustrates the hell out of him as Keane probably could have done as good if not better job at each of his last jobs

6 hours ago, Robster said:

Fuck me, man. He genuinely thinks that all his job entails is to shout at them, tell them to buck their ideas up and to send them back out again.

I doubt he shouts at them face to face. Probably kisses their arses and apologises for criticising them on telly, then gives them a few days off.

4 hours ago, Thiago said:

He's absolutely the lad flogging monorails on the Simpsons.

Lyle Lanley. I can't think about him as anyone but Pardew, but it does make you realise how many of them are like that. Martinez is the elite level version of the same thing imo and you could probably argue Mourinho is becoming that too.

Those quotes man ffs. He just rehashes the same old shite over and over again. A complete fucking fraud of a manager. 

As has been said, I'm watching with interest for him to inevitably fail and I can't wait.

Bruce is basically a pub team manager.

Picks 11 players and then hoys them onto the pitch on a weekend against the Dog & Duck shouting ‘get into them lads!’

Few laps round the pitch at training and a 5 a side game. Job done. 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

Bruce is basically a pub team manager.

Picks 11 players and then hoys them onto the pitch on a weekend against the Dog & Duck shouting ‘get into them lads!’

Few laps round the pitch at training and a 5 a side game. Job done. 

aye pub team with media responsibilities

Watching his post match comments, i felt a wave of anxiety for what we could still be stuck with.

Fuck every one of those cunts who gas-lit us for the time he was here. "He's a top manager" etc.. "They'll never accept him because he managed Sunderland..."

No. We were never going to accept him because he's absolute dogshit.

7 hours ago, TRon said:

I doubt he shouts at them face to face. Probably kisses their arses and apologises for criticising them on telly, then gives them a few days off.

Exactly what I was thinking. Like a pushover parent who pretends to tell their kid off so their partner thinks they're actually doing their job.

'Don't worry. If the media ask, I told you to buck your ideas up and its time to roll wuh sleeves up. Go have a couple of days off, you boys have earnt it. Now if you'll excuse me my kebab is being delivered any minute.'

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Like a pushover parent who pretends to tell their kid off so their partner thinks they're actually doing their job.

'Don't worry. If the media ask, I told you to buck your ideas up and its time to roll wuh sleeves up. Go have a couple of days off, you boys have earnt it. Now if you'll excuse me my kebab is being delivered any minute.'

Aye, and no wonder Alex is such a twat if that's how things went down.

Looking forward to the WBA match on Sky tonight, and playing some Brucey-bingo.

(Pre match) Middlesbrough are a top, top team.

It'll be very very difficult, that's for sure

I always say, there's no easy games in this league.

(Lose) That's not what I'll accept from a team of mine.

We'll analyse it.

I've never walked away from a challenge. But it takes time to turn a team around.

(Win) I hope that's shut a few people up.

(Win or lose) Since I've walked through the door, I've always said it's about what happens at the top end of the pitch. And not conceding.

And fortunately / unfortunately we've got / not got that right today.

I know it shouldn't, but the parting shot exclusive that he granted to Edwards the day that he got the push still really fucks me off.  All this "the abuse I've had from the fans has finished me off and has destroyed me mentally, I'm going to retire now because me and my family can't take any more".  It was blatantly obvious that he'd be on to the next half-decent pay cheque that came his way, and him putting himself forward for the Man Utd job so soon after he left us was utterly shameless.

Half of his time here was played in front of empty stadiums, and he's not on social media, so it's a mystery how we managed to get under his skin as much as we supposedly did. It's always someone else's fault.

If only he'd learn to demonstrate a little bit of humility, instead of blaming every fucker else for his shortcomings.