Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

What I love about that Arteta quote is that he talks about the last 100 years. Ā Football records and managers are really only talked about from the last 70 years (with decreasing references every decade you go back) so heā€™s essentially saying in the entire history of football heā€™s one of the most important managers in this country. If we also bear in mind that the Premier League has been globally the biggest league Artetaā€™s quote can be understood really as heā€™s one of the most important managers in the history of football. If thatā€™s not a sure sign that Arteta is never going to be a great manager I donā€™t know what is.Ā Hereā€™s the quote:

Ā 

ā€œHe's one of the most important managers that England has had in the last 100 years, I would say.Ā It's something to reflect and think about.ā€

21 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Some one on the West Brom forums just said they've never known anyone say unfortunately so much šŸ˜‚

Paints the impression that his entire management career has been predicated on fortune/misfortune rather than his ability to do the job.Ā 

Which would be accurate

Bruce is a hack who keeps cashing in on his reputation as a player. He earned his coaching badges through the backdoor of being a former pro in an era where coaching badges weren't even full requirement to manage at the top level. He's never taken a break away from coaching since starting as a Player/Coach to actually learn what a football coach is and how to manage or coach players. He'll be going through the motions, recalling what Fergie used to do and wondering why it isn't working for him.Ā 

I still find it incredible that professional football clubs think it's an acceptable idea to bring in proven failures that have trashed multiple clubs like Allardyce, Pardew and Bruce.

Ā 

Surely it's better to take a punt on an up and coming unknown than it is to take on a guaranteed failure.

Ā 

I'd be devastated if I were a WBA fan right now. They saw what Cabbage Heid did to us, and now their arseholes are next up for the Bruce fisting. Grim.

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

27 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I still find it incredible that professional football clubs think it's an acceptable idea to bring in proven failures that have trashed multiple clubs like Allardyce, Pardew and Bruce.

Ā 

Surely it's better to take a punt on an up and coming unknown than it is to take on a guaranteed failure.

Ā 

I'd be devastated if I were a WBA fan right now. They saw what Cabbage Heid did to us, and now their arseholes are next up for the Bruce fisting. Grim.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It's most baffling in WBA's situation because they were 5th when Ismael got the bullet and the main reasons for dissatisfaction were that the football was unambitious, negative and that he stifled them in an attacking sense. So they go and hire someone in Bruce who does the same thing but without the results :lol:

Ā 

I can understand teams going for the short-term Allardyce-style appointment when they've got 10~ games to go and they're trying to stay up, but parachuting one of that lot in when you're in a play-off position and expecting it to end well is a massive triumph for stupidity over common sense.

Even if you go along with the narrative that he did a good job for us in difficult circumstances, you just have to look at his time at Villa not long before that to show that heā€™s absolutely lost whatever he had about him that could get clubs promoted.

Heā€™s fucking done.

I have this quote seared into my memory, and I think Eddie Howe has too. Finish the season above 12th and someone should print it out and ram it down Bruce's throat. Mediocrity so ingrained in him that he thinks nobody else can do better. An odious human being.

Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Emotic said:

I have this quote seared into my memory, and I think Eddie Howe has too. Finish the season above 12th and someone should print it out and ram it down Bruce's throat. Mediocrity so ingrained in him that he thinks nobody else can do better. An odious human being.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Steve Cunt.

Great to see players sticking the boot into the useless cunt.Ā  Just more proof that we as a fan base actually weren't just griefing the mess for a laugh.Ā 

Ā 

His friends seem suspiciously quiet as well.Ā 

This post on the WBA forum about Bruce :lol:Ā Could almost have been copied and pasted from here.

Ā 

ā€œStill can't see what he's trying to do. No idea what the logic is behind his team selections and 'tactics' because I can't see any obvious signs of actual tactics.

We carry very little threat in open play, sit deep while being relatively easy to play through and we don't really do breakaway football either. We don't dominate, we barely contain and we rarely counter.Ā 

It's like he's hedging his bets on set pieces whilst being generally pants at those too. Yesterday was devoid of anything constructive or vaguely interesting. May as well have stayed at home watching the grass grow.

Personal highlights were the two rounds of applause for those who've departed far too soon. Those and the general social. I haven't got the foggiest what he's trying to accomplish or how he's trying to achieve it.ā€

On 24/04/2022 at 19:07, toon25 said:

What's the betting this fat cunt will chime in at the end of the season and say he had a role to play on either: staying up or the takeover going through?

Ā 

Fair play to him if we stay up by five points.

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

Ā 

Fair play to him if we stay up by five points.

Ā 

We're currently 13 points clear of the drop. Howe's kept us up by a massive margin, and we'd have been safe as houses even if he'd have taken us over on 0 points.

Ā 

Which is frankly fucking ludicrous.

17 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Ā 

We're currently 13 points clear of the drop. Howe's kept us up by a massive margin, and we'd have been safe as houses even if he'd have taken us over on 0 points.

Ā 

Which is frankly fucking ludicrous.

Ā 

Add in the dropped points against Norwich, Brentford, Everton and Watford.

His mates in the media have totally vanished - remember how he was getting the best out of our squad? Idiots!

Ā 

A joke of a a manager and West Brom want shot with shit for hiring him!