Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

2 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

“But but how can A work under such pressure?”

How can they work knowing that if they fail to meet expectations, they won't get millions of pounds as a reward for failing?

I dunno, same as the rest of us manage?

Only job in the world you get paid your full contract for being totally shite. Its not right but it is what it is. 

Imagine signing a multi million contract knowing you will get paid if you fail!! 

Meet Steve Bruce. Epic failure on just about every managerial level. 

Edited by Dan Gleebals

7 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

The painful part of having him was fans of other teams expecting us to think he was decent or doing an ok job.

The worst part was everyone gaslighting us, telling us our eyes a lying and he's doing a great job under difficult circumstances.

I’m 

12 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

The worst part was everyone gaslighting us, telling us our eyes a lying and he's doing a great job under difficult circumstances.

Was talking to a baggies lad yesterday. He said exactly the same things about him as we do. And it’s less than a season. 

Definitely the worst manager I've seen in my time, the way he protected Ashley at every turn really got me. It paid off for him though after he made a deal last summer to get £8 million if he got sacked when Ashley knew fine well he wouldn't be the one paying it. Parasite. 

9 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Have West Brom started their preseason yet? :bluestar:

Completed it with those 3 laps around the playing field with Brucey timing them. 

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Have West Brom started their preseason yet? :bluestar:

A defeat to Stevenage, draw with Crewe and wins against Northampton and Leyton Orient.

Proper pre-season against proper British beef. None of these fancy forrin friendlies.

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Those sports scientists really earning their crusts.

How's the crusts, did ye say?

Anyway, from Birmingham live - a quote from Bruce about a youth team goalkeeper they were thinking of sending on loan.

“I’ve wanted to see the young one. I’ve not seen him play either. He’s going to be some goalkeeper, the young lad, I have to tell you. Really, really pleased. Everything about him. He’s got a wonderful stature...he’s done very, very well.”

1. Really non-specifically pleased with him and he's going to be some keeper (although he's just said he's not seen him play). 

2. Seemingly doesn't know his name (the Bruce brain clicks in, saying "just call him the young lad").

3. Wonderful stature. (? I don't know either)

4. I have to tell you. (No, you don't Steve. You don't have to tell me anything. You really don't).

4 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

West Brom fans on their forum saying sacking him if he doesn't get off to a good start would he ridiculous and they need to give him time. Do they honestly think the fans of every club he's ever managed are wrong 😂

It’s easier to delude themselves, than face up to the horror of the reality 😂 it’s the hope that kills! 

8 hours ago, Abacus said:

Anyway, from Birmingham live - a quote from Bruce about a youth team goalkeeper they were thinking of sending on loan.

“I’ve wanted to see the young one. I’ve not seen him play either. He’s going to be some goalkeeper, the young lad, I have to tell you. Really, really pleased. Everything about him. He’s got a wonderful stature...he’s done very, very well.”

1. Really non-specifically pleased with him and he's going to be some keeper (although he's just said he's not seen him play). 

2. Seemingly doesn't know his name (the Bruce brain clicks in, saying "just call him the young lad").

4. I have to tell you. (No, you don't Steve. You don't have to tell me anything. You really don't).

:lol: change from his NUFC era line of referring to "the kid":

On Matty Longstaff after his winner vs Man U:

"He's been a breath of fresh air. He just wants to play football. I thought 'who's this ginger kid' when we were in China. He's been good in training,"

On Dan Barlaser after the Blackburn cup game:

“It was a big night for him. It would have been nice if we’d had more possession. The kid did OK. I’m sure he’ll have enjoyed the experience even though it would have been hard going at times.”

On Tom Allan after his debut in the cup replay vs Rochdale:

"I’m delighted for the kid from Cramlington. In the end we had four Geordies on the pitch with him, the Longstaffs and Andy Carroll so it’s great."

On Kell Watts when asked if he might play in the season closer vs Liverpool:

“There’s a possibility, but the kid hasn’t played for something like five months. It’s a big ask if you haven’t played at all."

The bloke's fucking insufferable when it comes to details - not just tactics, how many years he's been stealing a living, the names of fellow managers but the names of his own up-and-coming young players. 

8 hours ago, Abacus said:

I like how he’s been at West Brom since January and thinks it’s acceptable to point out he’s never seen one of his players play.

Not a surprise he doesn’t take in U23 games.

2 hours ago, Pilko said:

:lol: change from his NUFC era line of referring to "the kid":

On Matty Longstaff after his winner vs Man U:

"He's been a breath of fresh air. He just wants to play football. I thought 'who's this ginger kid' when we were in China. He's been good in training,"

On Dan Barlaser after the Blackburn cup game:

“It was a big night for him. It would have been nice if we’d had more possession. The kid did OK. I’m sure he’ll have enjoyed the experience even though it would have been hard going at times.”

On Tom Allan after his debut in the cup replay vs Rochdale:

"I’m delighted for the kid from Cramlington. In the end we had four Geordies on the pitch with him, the Longstaffs and Andy Carroll so it’s great."

On Kell Watts when asked if he might play in the season closer vs Liverpool:

“There’s a possibility, but the kid hasn’t played for something like five months. It’s a big ask if you haven’t played at all."

The bloke's fucking insufferable when it comes to details - not just tactics, how many years he's been stealing a living, the names of fellow managers but the names of his own up-and-coming young players. 

The kid from Cramlington, who isn’t from Cramlington at all. 

Also enjoyed “it would’ve been nice if we’d had more possession” against a lower league side. Isn’t it his job to ensure stuff like that? Fat wanker. 

48 minutes ago, Robster said:

Friend of mine at work was at the Hertha Berlin friendly today and said WBA played really well.
Bruce still got it, clearly.

You deserve the ban hammer for bumping this thread.