Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

I've just spent a while on one of the Everton chatrooms and followed a 1,600-page thread about relegation which started in October last year after they lost 5-2 at home to Watford. I obviously didn't read all of the posts, but the level of delusion and entitlement which grew as results went against them was horrific. Along with their vain motto ("Only the best is good enough"), you had comments like "The fans don't deserve this". Astonishing. I suppose it's because they've seen so many trophies drive past their windows despite trying to close all their curtains, but the level of expectation by the blue bindippers is right off the scale. If they had had a fraction of the [expletive] we've had over the last 14 years, or - let's not be too parochial - Norwich, West Brom, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan fans (where do you stop?), they'd be a bit less up their own [expletive]. For reasons solely of them learning they have no God-given right to be anywhere near the top, I want them to experience the agony of relegation and what it feels like to play at Burton on a Tuesday evening.

13 minutes ago, ToonTom said:

I've just spent a while on one of the Everton chatrooms and followed a 1,600-page thread about relegation which started in October last year after they lost 5-2 at home to Watford. I obviously didn't read all of the posts, but the level of delusion and entitlement which grew as results went against them was horrific. Along with their vain motto ("Only the best is good enough"), you had comments like "The fans don't deserve this". Astonishing. I suppose it's because they've seen so many trophies drive past their windows despite trying to close all their curtains, but the level of expectation by the blue bindippers is right off the scale. If they had had a fraction of the [expletive] we've had over the last 14 years, or - let's not be too parochial - Norwich, West Brom, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan fans (where do you stop?), they'd be a bit less up their own [expletive]. For reasons solely of them learning they have no God-given right to be anywhere near the top, I want them to experience the agony of relegation and what it feels like to play at Burton on a Tuesday evening.

They are scousers though.

24 minutes ago, ToonTom said:

Brave.

Hope you didn’t get bitten by one of them. 

6 games in 3 weeks. Couple of injuries or cards and they'll really struggle. Hope Chelsea win today, but would like to see a few knocks and cards to their best players to knock the stuffing out of them completely.

Oh and the fireworks shite. If that hasn't fired up Chelsea then i don't know what will. And they wonder why the entire league wants them down. Small time wankers.

It's hard to credit it (yes, I'm still reading that Everton thread) but someone has actually posted the following:

i agree mate. the players have to want this and show it

us fans deserve to be in this league

Thankfully, someone with a brain has replied (just the one word):

entitlement?

Honestly, we have taken that slap in the face for years from other fans and from the media and the has-been pundits, when all along the delusion and entitlement was sitting in the seats at Badison Park. 

Aye leeds have been on a good run lately. That 2nd half at wolves got them started on that run. If they'd lost that came I think they would be nye on down already

Everton lose their next two and I think they’re gone.

Will leave them with 4 games (one of them away to Arsenal ) to overturn a 5 point deficit, and that is on the assumption that Burnley and Leeds lose their remaining games.

Not looking good at all for them, considering the genius Lampard hasn’t even picked a point up away from home yet. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Everton lose their next two and I think they’re gone.

Will leave them with 4 games (one of them away to Arsenal ) to overturn a 5 point deficit, and that is on the assumption that Burnley and Leeds lose their remaining games.

Not looking good at all for them, considering the genius Lampard hasn’t even picked a point up away from home yet. 

Well worth watching the game this afternoon (if you have access to Sky or one of those dodgy sticks - wish I had one). If Everton don't win, they are really in the doo-dah. After that fireworks trick, is anyone out there rooting for them other than fellow blue bindippers or mackem bindippers?

4 minutes ago, ToonTom said:

Well worth watching the game this afternoon (if you have access to Sky or one of those dodgy sticks - wish I had one). If Everton don't win, they are really in the doo-dah. After that fireworks trick, is anyone out there rooting for them other than fellow blue bindippers or mackem bindippers?

I’m going to the Women’s match at SJP so won’t be watching however, will be hoping they get a good hiding.

My dislike of them stems from their weird hatred of us. Probably jealous that we’re a 1 club city whilst they’re hugely in the shadow of their illustrious neighbours. Always have been and always will be. 

Just now, Danh1 said:

I’m going to the Women’s match at SJP so won’t be watching however, will be hoping they get a good hiding.

My dislike of them stems from their weird hatred of us. Probably jealous that we’re a 1 club city whilst they’re hugely in the shadow of their illustrious neighbours. Always have been and always will be. 

Yep, like I said earlier, in which other city do half the houses shut their curtains when the trophies go past the window? 

I think the dirty sh*thouse c*nt Richarlison will get sent off and banned in the next game or two so that he doesn't have to suffer the ignomy of playing the last few Everton games and relegation. Here's hoping.....