Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I totally forgot about the absurd asking price. :lol:  

not sure how one makes money after buying it now. 

Its utterly absurd. But then so is the rest of football.

Also, did Abramovich ever take money out of Chelsea?

If a new buyer, even an outright buyer nevermind a leverged buyer, wants their dividends like Manure, wheres that money coming from?

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I totally forgot about the absurd asking price. :lol:  

not sure how one makes money after buying it now. 

They also need to redevelop their stadium, which seems impossible on their current site or any other comparable one, with no unrealistic money and sponsors dropping like flies.

American investors are in it to invest, not as a vanity project.

So, whoever buys it will either need to quickly stitch up the league ESL style just to keep their TV money and tread water, or to accept they've just wasted a few billion on a lemon.

On 20/03/2022 at 14:52, SAK said:

That’s the father of the bidders, whose not involved in the consortium. Having racist parents doesn’t make the offspring racist. Don’t see this being a hinderance to any deal.

Premier league will wave it through in the next few days.

33 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Don't understand why Roman would want to lose anymore money with Chelsea.

Can imagine he feels aggrevied at events after all.

I imagine a top up to the coffers of 1% of his intended sale price is a lot more palatable than the drop in sale price if he let's them go tits up between now and any sale.

12 minutes ago, wormy said:

I imagine a top up to the coffers of 1% of his intended sale price is a lot more palatable than the drop in sale price if he let's them go tits up between now and any sale.

But he won't get any money from the sale.

9 hours ago, dcmk said:

But he won't get any money from the sale.

A good point. :lol: Although equally I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to see the money somehow once things settle down.

19 minutes ago, wormy said:

A good point. :lol: Although equally I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to see the money somehow once things settle down.

More than likely he won’t be able to access monies when/if sanctions against him are lifted.

Good for us I suppose as there were suspicions Saudi Media Group may have had Saudi government support through Turki Al-Sheikh, as reported by Ben Jacobs. Wouldn’t want them receiving the funding we should have received on account of them being the bigger global brand at the moment to advertise SA and it’s agenda.

2 minutes ago, SAK said:

Good for us I suppose as there were suspicions Saudi Media Group may have had Saudi government support through Turki Al-Sheikh, as reported by Ben Jacobs. Wouldn’t want them receiving the funding we should have received on account of them being the bigger global brand at the moment to advertise SA and it’s agenda.

https://www.ft.com/content/85584dae-10db-44dd-a922-e94047ce8606?shareType=nongift

"The bid from Saudi Media Group was not competitive and relied heavily on debt financing, an unattractive prospect for the club, one person with knowledge of the situation said."

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Saudis out of the running 

Come join ours and hoy even more money at us.