Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

42 minutes ago, madras said:

They had half a dozen years top 6, we at that time had 2. Did they win the cup ? And had a much higher profile but like I said it was on the back of spending money They couldn't afford.

How come their shitty stadium still has a capacity less than ours after 20 years of success then? Because they are a fucking small time club mate, they always were.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

How come their shitty stadium still has a capacity less than ours after 20 years of success then? Because they are a fucking small time club mate, they always were.

Didn't we have a larger capacity than Liverpool for quite a while ? And does capacity equal much ?

They done better than us in the years leading up to their takeover, financed on the never never that, had Abramovic not got in a Chelsea supporting taxi or whatever, could have lead to administration for them.

https://nairametrics.com/2022/03/14/meet-saudi-billionaire-who-has-made-2-7billion-offer-to-buy-chelsea-football-club/

Saudi Media Group have made a £2.7bn ($3.5bn) offer to buy Chelsea. Mohamed Alkhereiji is a Chelsea fan and leading a private consortium. No direct government links. this could be interesting.  Mohamed Alkhereiji  looks like a younger version of Mohammad Bin Salman

Edited by prefabtoon

2 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

https://nairametrics.com/2022/03/14/meet-saudi-billionaire-who-has-made-2-7billion-offer-to-buy-chelsea-football-club/

Saudi Media Group have made a £2.7bn ($3.5bn) offer to buy Chelsea. Mohamed Alkhereiji is a Chelsea fan and leading a private consortium. No direct government links. this could be interesting.  Mohamed Alkhereiji  looks like a younger version of Mohammad Bin Salman

Ah, already nudging the narrative by saying 'no direct government links' etc.  It's okay for the likes of Chelsea y'see.

They're doing exactly what any set of fans in their situation would do. 

The naïve incredulity and condemnation from other fans and snarky podcasters is at least understandable because they haven't experienced it first-hand.

Our fans not understanding it is just bizarre considering what we've seen and the way our fanbase gets on the defensive about our situation even with none of the success Chelsea have had.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Ken Griffin can go to hell.

Not that i like Chelsea anyway, but fuck me if Ken Griffin owns them…

I’d seriously hate them

Why's that? 

I've not heard of him before.

19 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Why's that? 

Owns Citadel, US hedge fund. 

They basically try to bankrupt companies by short selling them, and walk away with the profit. Scum of the earth tbh.

17 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Why's that? 

Classic hedge-fund asshole. Fought against (and won) a progressive tax in Illinois just so he wouldn't have to pay a higher percentage than everyone else. One of the largest republican donors out there. On top of that, like Guv said, huge short seller who was at the center of the gamestop stuff last year and likely the reason Robinhood blocked sales/purchases on the gamestop's stock

The bids are in for Chelsea https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60800380

Who are the potential bidders for Chelsea?

• A consortium led by ex-Liverpool chairman Sir Martin Broughton, and joined by London 2012 chief Lord Coe.
  • The Ricketts family, who own Major League Baseball team the Chicago Cubs, are leading a bid from a group of investors.
  • Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss and US businessman Todd Boehly have formed part of a consortium to try to take over Chelsea. Now joined by American PR executive Barbara Charone, British businessman Jonathan Goldstein and British journalist Daniel Finkelstein.
  • London-based investment firm Aethel Partners, headed by Portuguese entrepreneur Ricardo Silva.
  • British multi-millionaire businessman Nick Candy, supported by former Chelsea striker Gianluca Vialli, who co-owns Tifosy, a mergers and acquisitions company for the football sector, and joined by Hana Financial Group and C&P Sports Group.
  • Other parties reported to be interested include US billionaire and Philadelphia 76ers owner Josh Harris, who has a stake in Crystal Palace, New York Jets owner Woody Johnson and a Saudi Arabia-based consortium.

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Whomever takes over from that list, I think it’s fair to say will not be able to keep their current spending power up to par.

They are fortunate that they can supplement their squad with academy players. Plenty of bidders too if they want to sell their young uns.

6 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Whomever takes over from that list, I think it’s fair to say will not be able to keep their current spending power up to par.

Chelsea shoud never have had that spending power in the first place.

Going around the socials the Chelsea fans want the Saudi media consortium but I can’t help but feel it couldn’t work with our ownership/surely they’d be outraged at ownership from that part of the world like they were with ours? 

Full page article in the last Private, Eye on Abramovich & Chelsea. Apart from the sanctions being a joke the numbers are eye watering. The debt & running costs aren't viable. 

I'm thinking the only way any buyers will make money, if that's the aim, will be through a super league. 

33 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Going around the socials the Chelsea fans want the Saudi media consortium but I can’t help but feel it couldn’t work with our ownership/surely they’d be outraged at ownership from that part of the world like they were with ours? 

Happen to think from our point of view that the best case scenario is that their fans clamour for it- giving us handy pointers of hypocrisy- but that it doesn’t happen, because that feels complicated.

Edited by Hovagod

43 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Full page article in the last Private, Eye on Abramovich & Chelsea. Apart from the sanctions being a joke the numbers are eye watering. The debt & running costs aren't viable. 

I'm thinking the only way any buyers will make money, if that's the aim, will be through a super league. 

Or, a good old heavily leveraged buy out into asset strip.