Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

5 hours ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

If he can play I'd risk Joelinton.

Win and we are safe. Everton lack athleticism in the middle of the pitch and Joelinton would dominate them in there.

We have a big break after the game so he can recover during our trip away.

I agree. Start him and if he breaks down bring on Longstaff. Bench is going to be limited anyway so we can afford to burn a sub if starting him backfires. 

19 minutes ago, STM said:

They will be well up for it. First half hour is crucial to get their fans on their backs.

Absolutely. If we can get a goal in the first 20 minutes the crowd will be all over them. If we can get 2-0 up by half time the atmosphere in ground will be absolutely toxic... aside from the away end. 

Early game is likely to contain and frustrate, get the home crowd nervy which will filter to the players, Joelinton is absolutely paramount for us to effectively cut them off. Big Joe won't be needed all game, once their heads drop and we take the lead, all going to plan.

7 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

They made it personal for some strange reason, so I hope they tank.

Always wondered why they have this dislike for us. Villa was semi understandable as we always seemed to beat them but can’t remember having such a good record against these??

Have no real problem with any set of non-plastic, non-RTG fans tbh, and have a particular affinity for scousers because of my grandad. Sending Frankie de Tory down is incentive enough though. Despite the chirpy personality, a Tory's a Tory, and he's also done nothing to warrant being Everton manager either. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

Pardew made a really off hand comment about “competing in a diff league” (he meant Transfers) and for some reason that’s got them immensely wound up for years 

Would be interesting to see what they'd have to say if they knew that

1 - we fucking hate Pardew and

2 - he used to regularly say the opposite - we can't compete with... and that our academy players don't have the intelligence of players from Southampton

Speaking of Lyle Lanley, someone on the football ramble wrote in the day to say that Pardew once narced on him and his makes for bunking off school to play football. 

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah it never made sense to me at the time and they got some reason love Sunderland (small man syndrome? ?).

Pardew a grass? He really does tick all the boxes of terrible, terrible human being.

Don’t they have the affinity with the Mackems over the great work they did for the Bradley lowery lad? Can’t knock them for that

But obviously we wind up and berate their goldenboy keeper every time so he makes mistakes and gifts us goals

They, like us, have been a team that had had great seasons and bad over the past few decades, Europe, champs league etc etc and won nowt so we are canny similar in that respect

Really hope we take the same Chelsea mentality into this game, press from the top, and really give them problems. 

This is a great away fixture for us, with all the goings on around us, plus it will be another dagger in Pickford, should we win.

Looking forward to it, Eddie has these boys so well organised now.

Edited by mighty__mag

7 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Really hope we take the same Chelsea mentality into this game, press from the top, and really give them problems. 

This is a great away fixture for us, with all the goings on around us, plus it will be another dagger in Pickford, should we win.

Looking forward to it, Eddie has these boys so well organised now.

I’m hoping we take Chelsea’s officiating into this match

I remember sitting in the home end in goodison when they beat us 3 nil and barkley scored 2 in injury time.

They are a nasty set of cunts Everton fans. No wonder barkley desserted them I still have nightmares of angry scousers shouting "come on Ross" "fuckin get at them Ross" 

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Just been reading about how they’re having a flag display and going to play some siren pre match to intimidate us. Fucking hope and prey we smash them. 

siren? :lol: