Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

30 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Everton are going to find it very tough for 2 reasons. 

1. They aren't used to being down there 

2. Everyone wants to send them down

It reminds me of us in the 1st relegation under Ashley. Didn't think it would happen, then we shat ourselves when we realised a little too late and by that time everyone smelled blood and wanted our scalp. 

That interview with Lampard. He doesn't seem comfortable, certainly not confident. Felt like he was being interviewed by police not a journo. He seemed to suggest his team has no answers for 3 at the back. Wouldn't surprise me if Howe picks up on this and goes again with the same ish team we saw yesterday. A savvy manager might put that out as bait and have an answer but Lampard strikes me as too wet behind the ears to think that quickly on his feet.

Screenshot_20220312_165203.jpg

Why are so many happy with a draw out of this. With our current form and their absolutely shocking form we should be winning here, we’re the better team by far. 

They are an absolute shambles right now and Lampard won’t change that. 

I think if we've got a few players back and Eddie has their heads on right this could be a pummelling. And I pray to God it is.

However, my head says it'll be a nervy 1-1/2-1 either way.

I didn't expect the lineup yesterday to do as well as they did but boy did they do me proud. I trust whatever Eddie has planned. He already turned a 0-1 deficit for us to win against these in the early part of our unbeaten run. We have gotten better and they have gotten worse. Plus, I said yesterday, the manner of how we lost yesterday would just be the perfect tonic for us to get back on track on Thursday.

I'd take a draw if offered cos that would be an alright result. Everton have been rubbish this season but they're capable of beating us at Goodison, particularly with our misfiring forward and a team getting more and make tired with all these away games in quick succession. Meanwhile, we need to avoid our good form suddenly becoming poor form with back-to-back defeats. 

Just had a look on the Everton sub:lol:

Would love an early goal and the fans to turn on them during the match.

"Pathetic. Pencil every match for the rest of the season in as an L and call it quits cause I haven’t seen this many spineless creatures in one place since I watched Planet Earths Great Barrier Reef episode"

"Tottenham have had our pants down making us pay £0 for Dele"

"The look in Gordon's and Townsend's eyes as they get booed at the Gwladys end while they applauded the supporters genuinely makes me feel sick"

"We are bad, like really bad. The tactics are bad, the subs are bad, the players are bad, and genuinely we will probably go down.

On a side note: fuck off dele and his casually walking when we are in a relegation fight, never wanna see him play again"

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

How funny was it when Lejeune scored twice in injury time the other season

While I was chuffed for him, it was hilarious as we were completely dominated, it makes me sick to think of Lejeune bailing cabbage head out only to be shown the door by said cabbage head.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Did anyone ever regret that? 

There were lots of people saying we should’ve signed him. The point being, do they still think there’s a player there.

He had all his mates at Spurs and I imagine Kane and Son are two of the best pros in the league. If they couldn’t inspire him to want to be the best he could be, he’s not going to find it again at Everton 

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

There were lots of people saying we should’ve signed him. The point being, do they still think there’s a player there.

I would’ve taken him for £0, but it was always a risk. 

Who knows if he’ll ever come back, maybe needs to drop down to a smaller club where he can play every minute for a season. Problem is if he has the heart for a battle. 

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I would’ve taken him for £0, but it was always a risk. 

Who knows if he’ll ever come back, maybe needs to drop down to a smaller club where he can play every minute for a season. Problem is if he has the heart for a battle. 

Won't be £0 though. That was just the initial fee or non fee as it were, they will pay atleast £20m for him by next January if he makes 30apps (which he should do in 12 months) and they are paying him 100k a week during that time. Not worth it at all. 

24 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Anyone still regretting us not being in for Dele Alli in January and thinking there’s still a player in there? 

Take your point, but Eddie Howe has made Emil Krafth serviceable. If a player wants to be good, Eddie can get a performance out of them it seems.

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Take your point, but Eddie Howe has made Emil Krafth serviceable. If a player wants to be good, Eddie can get a performance out of them it seems.

Issue being that Krafth has always at least tried, despite his lack of ability in comparison to others. Alli seems to have the ability (at least he did have a few years ago), but his application is severely lacking- a manager can only do so much in that regard, as Mourinho, Conte, Nuno have all found out. Appears like Lampard is now possibly having the same issue- I’m unsure about fitness issues, but Alli hasn’t played much other than sub appearances I think? 
it just screams that he’s simply lost the will to even want to be good again. Shame, but I’m glad we dodged the bullet, personally.