Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle United (17/03/2022)

Yorkie

33 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

He was out of control. Was never going to be overturned. :lol: 

I think that as we go into next season that the EPL should make clear that any cynical foul is a red and that any shirt holding in the box is a pen. It will be Messi for a month or two but then we will have our game back.

We were decent first half and looked the much better coached team. 

It's going to be hard at times to capitalise on the possession and punish teams showing weakness when you have a front three of Fraser, Wood and Almiron. Combined they have two less goals than Pukki this season ffs:lol: 

1 hour ago, Jaqen said:

Combined they have two less goals than Pukki this season ffs:lol: 

Good god :lol:

Think I'm finally over this loss, a mere 24 hours later, like a big brave boy. Fucking hell it's shit losing to 10 men though, particularly when it was such a horrific game.

Looking forward to our next batch of home games, in particular getting some players back fully fit. Hopefully. Just want the season to fucking end so we can kick on in the summer and begin our new chapter properly.

As usual there's an overreaction to us losing from some (on twitter mostly). We've just played 3 away games in 7 days and remember, this is a side who never won a game for the first 14 matches. There are going to be games like this from time to time. We're not suddenly going to be winning 50/60% of our games.

6 minutes ago, Scoot said:

As usual there's an overreaction to us losing from some (on twitter mostly). We've just played 3 away games in 7 days and remember, this is a side who never won a game for the first 14 matches. There are going to be games like this from time to time. We're not suddenly going to be winning 50/60% of our games.

You managed to finally get home at least :lol: 

Agree with this, BTW. I was absolutely fuming after the game. Took me ages to get to sleep. But I’ve calmed down a bit now I’ve looked at the bigger picture. 

2 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

You managed to finally get home at least :lol: 

Agree with this, BTW. I was absolutely fuming after the game. Took me ages to get to sleep. But I’ve calmed down a bit now I’ve looked at the bigger picture. 

Aye, got home yesterday afternoon.

Note to everyone, always try and remember where your coach is parked. Or you'll get left.

Edited by Scoot

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/03/2022 at 05:17, samptime29 said:

Still fuming here 😆 

It's been 3 weeks and I'm still fuming. Not that we lost, but we could have buried these cunts.

7 hours ago, 80 said:

Strangest vendetta I've ever come across.

Probably just recency bias tbf. I'm sure we almost always have a healthy handful of posters with hatred for specific players with a passion that would make anyone think a killed cat or fucked Mrs was involved. 

6 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Worst result of the season this, they might be the poorest team in the league.

The team put too much pressure on themselves to win, bringing about the loss. Somehow they managed to go into the last 15 minutes feeling like they were the team urgently needing a goal to settle their season. It was Everton that should've been shitting themselves.

5 minutes ago, wormy said:

Probably just recency bias tbf. I'm sure we almost always have a healthy handful of posters with hatred for specific players with a passion that would make anyone think a killed cat or fucked Mrs was involved. 

True, though I've been checked out of the forum for a decade so I might have just gleefully ignored it all. I just like the idea of an Australian heading to bed and really needing to vent about a two week old football match before he could rest. Bearing in mind half the team totally shat themselves for the Everton goal, not just Burn (Manquillo, Joelinton and others from memory).

Edited by 80