sunderland in the EFL

Big River

12 hours ago, Chris_R said:

They're simultaneously the loyalest fans in the world, whilst being incredibly easily swayed to supporting us. :lol:

We were in Seaburn on Friday. Had fish and chips and the bairn played in the amusements for a while and noticed NUFC shirts outnumbered SAFC shirts. Not massively but definitely more people walking about in Newcastle tops.

Always assumed Seaburn would be one of their most partisan areas as well.

Yeah I think a lot of Newcastle fans are probably emboldened now, but they've always been our fans.

I used to live in South Shields and whilst there was never any bother and it's hardly Pennywell, when I went to the matches on the metro I did so with a little bit of caution.

But that's the thing, there was a video posted in the Villa match thread from a Villa streamer who'd uploaded videos of his trip to Tyneside, where he'd been freely drinking in bars and chatting with Newcastle fans whilst wearing his Villa top. Nobody cared, plenty of Villa fans mixing freely with Newcastle fans, often in the same pub and just having a bit of banter.

Can you imagine Villa fans trying the same in Sunderland? Every match there's posts on RTG about people are getting in fights and busses are having windows put out, they'd be chased out of the local pubs there followed by a volley of chairs, glasses and ashtrays before they got got to the bar to order their first pint. Just proper Neanderthals.

23 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Walkergate Metro Station this morning, young lad about 12 In a Sunderland top, I guess this will now be considered a "Massive Lads"  area, by the way no-one looked in the least bit bothered 

Same age as most of their “youth firm” who are regularly causing hassle for away fans  

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

We were in Seaburn on Friday. Had fish and chips and the bairn played in the amusements for a while and noticed NUFC shirts outnumbered SAFC shirts. Not massively but definitely more people walking about in Newcastle tops.

Always assumed Seaburn would be one of their most partisan areas as well.

Seaburn casual's do not like this post ?

16 hours ago, Chris_R said:

They're simultaneously the loyalest fans in the world, whilst being incredibly easily swayed to supporting us. :lol:

A considerable amount of their latest mags shirts thread ( Hetton I think?) was given over to the better bus service from there to Newcastle, because aye, obviously,that's how easily people are swayed. 

In any case, apparently it's not even true, Sunderland is better served according to some. I don't know.

Whats the crack on our recent Amazon documentary, I don't have access to their online shame dungeon?

4 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Yeah I think a lot of Newcastle fans are probably emboldened now, but they've always been our fans.

I used to live in South Shields and whilst there was never any bother and it's hardly Pennywell, when I went to the matches on the metro I did so with a little bit of caution.

Eh? I was born and brought up in Shields and left early 20’s. Apart from once at a derby not did I ever feel worried on the metro. It used to be full of black and white 

1 hour ago, Sid said:

A considerable amount of their latest mags shirts thread ( Hetton I think?) was given over to the better bus service from there to Newcastle, because aye, obviously,that's how easily people are swayed. 

In any case, apparently it's not even true, Sunderland is better served according to some. I don't know.

Whats the crack on our recent Amazon documentary, I don't have access to their online shame dungeon?

Not many have put their head above the parapet to admit they have watched it.  Everyone has painted themselves into a corner where they'll have flat out stated they're not going to watch but having watched it at the first opportunity they cannot spread their shite over on the OSD.

@Thomson MouseWhere did I say I was worried? It's just common sense.

Going there's fine, you''re with a pack of likeminded people. The train was always full. But coming back, often late at night and not with a big "match crowd" because I'd been out witih mates afterwards and having to walk home alone, I'd just prefer not wear a Newcastle top incase some knacker is floating about at the other end when I'm full of beer. That's at least in part because I know I can be a bit of a beligerant arse with idots when I'm drunk and if someone confronted me I'd probably talk my way into trouble when I wasn't able to defend myself.

Just my decision though. If others want to go in full colours, crack on. Risks are cery minimal. That said, I've not bought a football top in over 25 years so I guess the decision not to wear one was already taken on another level anyway.

Edited by Chris_R

2 hours ago, Sid said:

The buses Niall Quinn was willing to lay on to get them to shift themselves to their games instead of sitting in the pub watching it on dodgy internet were not nearly as efficient presumably.

44 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Going there's fine, you''re with a pack of likeminded people. The train was always full. But coming back, often late at night and not with a big "match crowd" because I'd been out witih mates afterwards and having to walk home alone, I'd just prefer not wear a Newcastle top incase some knacker is floating about at the other end when I'm full of beer. That's at least in part because I know I can be a bit of a beligerant arse with idots when I'm drunk and if someone confronted me I'd probably talk my way into trouble when I wasn't able to defend myself.

Just my decision though. If others want to go in full colours, crack on. Risks are cery minimal. That said, I've not bought a football top in over 25 years so I guess the decision not to wear one was already taken on another level anyway.

You used the ‘caution’’. Each to their own though 

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

It’s a fair point, Chris. I’ve been out in the dark place in the past  (pubs and then onto a birthday party and engagement do) and took great delight in wearing a NUFC pin badge, but I was in my twenties and similarly belligerent. Won’t dream of being unnecessarily provocative now. 

Roker Revolutionary Front :lol:

Watch out lads, they've got paintbrushes and they ain't afraid to use 'em. Man the barricades, the Joker Revolewtionary Cunts have just cleaned out the local paint shop's supply of crimson. Lock up your posters, hide your adverts, take down your pictures, the R.R.F. are in town and they mean business.