sunderland in the EFL

Big River

I'd be a devasted man if the roles had been reversed.

Watching them making huge strides whilst we languished in the doldrums with nothing to cling to but our hatred of their existence.

It'd be soul destroying.

Edited by bobbydazzla

Couldn't be arsed with them thinking they've got the moral highground on fewmin rights marra

We'd need a counter display of some sort

Would quite happily play them on the pitch though. We'd humiliate them

1 hour ago, Paully said:

5 and 6 are part of the same thing, are they that short of things to list? Maybe go ask Lee Ryder to do them a top 5 things.

They're proud of their industrial roots are they? Including the part they drove the Belgian workers out so Ambrose Crowley moved his factory to Winlaton where they were welcomed?

1 hour ago, GWN said:

Love it,no better feeling and nothing replaces it . 

Sadly it will be a while yet before we meet unless they fluke a cup draw.

To be honest they do their best to avoid ilus in the cups.

20 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I'd be a devasted man if the roles had been reversed.

Watching them making huge strides whilst we languished in the doldrums with nothing to cling to but our hatred of their existence.

It'd be soul destroying.

I’m actually extra nice to Sunderland supporting fans, not to be patronising- though that’s what they always accuse me of. Just because I know how terrible it must be for them and really what’s the point in bragging. Game’s over, we won.

21 minutes ago, jack j said:

Couldn't be arsed with them thinking they've got the moral highground on fewmin rights marra

We'd need a counter display of some sort

Would quite happily play them on the pitch though. We'd humiliate them

We should tell our players to take the knee 

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Half are them are things that have closed down :lol: Aye it's mint being from Sunderland, we've got the site of the former brewery, the derelict pop factory. Remember C&A, the long-bankrupt chain store that was on every highstreet in the country? Aye, we had one of them too.

I've experiened many better feelings in football than beating them, If I were to list them I doubt a win over them would be in my top 20 and many better atmospheres.

Its probably horses for courses and a personality thing of which there's no right and wrong but its too like them (nothing else to dream of and were past that point again) to think beating your local rival is the ultimate.

Most of our wins over them weren't even memorable in the context of the season they were in when we've been doing well.

The 1-0 Nobby penalty is barely remembered and other wins in that era dont match up to Man Untied 4-3, Arsenal and Leeds away, Feyenoord and Juventus, Leeds h.

I'd put Man United, Spurs, Forest and possibly others including Boro and Ferencvaros ahead of beating the mackems in 96/97 for enjoyment and memory.

The promotion season under Keegan we played them Grimsby, Oxford and Leicester in the last week and beating them was arguably the least memorable of the four and incomparable to the Leicester game.

I dunno how excited can a Goliath be at beating a David even if the David in question deserves to have his face rubbed in the shit.

Edited by Wolfcastle

28 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I've experiened many better feelings in football than beating them, If I were to list them I doubt a win over them would be in my top 20 and many better atmospheres.

Its probably horses for courses and a personality thing of which there's no right and wrong but its too like them (nothing else to dream of and were past that point again) to think beating your local rival is the ultimate.

Most of our wins over them weren't even memorable in the context of the season they were in when we've been doing well.

The 1-0 Nobby penalty is barely remembered and other wins in that era dont match up to Man Untied 4-3, Arsenal and Leeds away, Feyenoord and Juventus, Leeds h.

I'd put Man United, Spurs, Forest and possibly others including Boro and Ferencvaros ahead of beating the mackems in 96/97 for enjoyment and memory.

The promotion season under Keegan we played them Grimsby, Oxford and Leicester in the last week and beating them was arguably the least memorable of the four and incomparable to the Leicester game.

I dunno how excited can a Goliath be at beating a David even if the David in question deserves to have his face rubbed in the shit.

The away match earlier in the season at Joker was pretty special.

The one time I thought we'd absolutely lace them and was just a matter of by how much was that promotion season under KK and the weather conspired to make the game a farce really.

Big games around the title/CL and big cup games more than take over the mantle and fulfil whatever needs are lost with the derbies and winning those sort of games could be said to have the byproduct of being a sort of victory over them.

7 minutes ago, Jonas said:

The one time I thought we'd absolutely lace them and was just a matter of by how much was that promotion season under KK and the weather conspired to make the game a farce really.

Big games around the title/CL and big cup games more than take over the mantle and fulfil whatever needs are lost with the derbies and winning those sort of games could be said to have the byproduct of being a sort of victory over them.

I felt like we'd do them by two or three the year we finished 5th. 

Instead we got done over by a ropey decision at their place to draw, and then just didn't show up in the home game to scrape a draw. 

49 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Stuck in a revolving door 

Web capture_14-8-2023_195114_www.readytogo.net.jpeg

I love how it only takes one season to convert a sizeable chunk of Durham to being B&W.  They weren’t before that; oh no, of course not.  They were R&W.

But they’ll be R&W again once it all falls apart.  You’ll see. 

I love the idea of someone who wears a Newcastle top every day who also couldn't name a player. :lol:

So many on RTG who will make up the most fantastical scenarios in order to feed their superiority complex. Presumably because back in reality there's nothing to cling on to.

14 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

If you believe those halfwits, NUFC fans in County Durham and South Tyneside are like those perodical cicadas that lay dormant most of their lives only to emerge and swarm every 15 years

15years to us, but Just Another Day to Cicada's