sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, Bintang said:

They must be fucked. They have a premier league size stadium and premier league type academy that need maintaining while they are in league 1. If they don't get owners willing to invest I could see them going bust. 

Yeah, in the Championship those things are a selling point for people like Ashley to come in and try and get everything on the cheap and hopefully (from their point of view) use them as a foundation to build upon and get promoted with.

In League One, it’s a noose around their neck.

Edited by Stifler

8 hours ago, Disco said:

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the matchday income (plus conference/banqueting) dropped £6.6m between 2020 and 2021 but the losses went up by £12.1m. Same comparing 2019 to 2020, matchday income dropped by £4.9m but the drop in profit was £9.5m.

This is not just a case of COVID affecting matchday income and that explaining the figures. 

18 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the matchday income (plus conference/banqueting) dropped £6.6m between 2020 and 2021 but the losses went up by £12.1m. Same comparing 2019 to 2020, matchday income dropped by £4.9m but the drop in profit was £9.5m.

This is not just a case of COVID affecting matchday income and that explaining the figures. 

Big drop in TV money would be part of that.

6 hours ago, Manxst said:

As opposed to the Grumpy Oracle:

“No real concerns. With lockdown, the numbers were always going to be a disaster area. For me, the operating costs still look too high, but we're probably getting close to the limit of what can be done.”

He’s either thick or he’s telling them what they want to hear but that will inevitably blow up in his face just like when he was talking shite about how much Richie Rich owned.

That’s been forgotten now such is their desperation for good news.

They need out of that league this year or they’re knackered. 
I wonder if our club would bail these poor bastards out in they went insolvent?  RTG would be eternally grateful. 

Just now, RS said:

I wonder if our club would bail these poor bastards out in they went insolvent?  RTG would be eternally grateful. 

Not allowed too.

Clubs are not allowed to gift or loan other clubs money.

25 minutes ago, RS said:

If they were in such peril, I'd hope we'd give them exactly as much as they'd want to give us if we were we in a similar position.

Couldn’t see them ever going bust. As much as RTG is a laughing stock they’d be a good opportunity for someone. Could be picked up on the cheap and have the facilities for the Premier League. 

I wouldn’t want them going bust anyway.  We’re on the way to becoming one of the best sides in England, I’d much rather they come back as relegation fodder and we hump them twice a season every year. I think they’d actually hate that more than being in League One every year. :lol: 

6 hours ago, ManDoon said:

@Matt is good with the financials, what’s your take on it?

I would normally take a look but I'm knee-deep buying a house and sorting tax returns in two countries at once. Will have a deeks next week.

If we can't bail them out, the state of Saudi Arabia should, just for the giggles. That would be hilarious as everyone on RTG would obviously stop supporting their club immediately, because of their superior morals. :memelol:

Made the mistake of having a look at Clueless Old Cunt's thread.

Massively down, but it's not all down to Covid. In 19/20, we received the final year of parachute payments, so media income is down from £17.2m to £5.4m. Gate receipts are £1.2m vs £5.7m; most of this was probably season card income from people who didn't take a refund, and watched the stream instead.

This suggests that our recurring income at this level is around £14m, a bit lower than I'd previously assumed. This is important, because it's this that determines our wage cap. On that turnover, our cap would be £9.1m (more of which later)

5.4m + 1.2m = 14m

Mackematics

33 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Made the mistake of having a look at Clueless Old Cunt's thread.

5.4m + 1.2m = 14m

Mackematics

The clue is all here… “a bit lower than I'd previously assumed“. For an alleged tax expert, assuming figures that total millions seems a little amateur to say the least. 

Edited by Manxst