sunderland in the EFL

Big River

On 04/05/2022 at 20:56, Dokko said:

3/1 to win the playoffs. Might be worth a cheeky £50 safety bet. 

They've drifted out to 10/3 at PP and Betfair for some reason. Thought it might have come in with Wycombe now looking the likely opponents should they get past Sheff Wed.

1 hour ago, GWN said:

6/4 favourites tonight .

Think they will sneak it 1-0 , cunts 

0-0 96th minute. Sheff Wed push Bazza Bannan onto the pitch in his wheelchair. Plonk him on the 6 yard line then launch a ball into the box. Bounces off his head thru Patterson's (*) legs. 

0-1

* had to Google who their keeper was.......obvs

16 minutes ago, Sima said:

“2 huge clubs who should not be in this league”

Can’t help themselves, they’ve been in “this league” for four season now.

I can’t believe they’re still arrogantly saying that mind! 

1 hour ago, Sima said:

“2 huge clubs who should not be in this league”

Can’t help themselves, they’ve been in “this league” for four season now.

Hopefully the fuckers will be in it for a few more yet also. 

4 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You can pretty much see SJP from half of Gateshead :lol:

The more you move over towards South Tyneside the more sunderland fans you will see I imagine, but I would be suprised if Gateshead was less than 90% black and white 

Can see it from the bairns window... She loves night matches when you can see rhe glow. 

The part of Gateshead I'm from is and always has been Newcastle with the odd mackem thrown in (including one if my best mates). 

These cunts just make shit up. 

Bless them. 

The majority of (the tiny amount of) mackems in my part of Gateshead were generally contrarian daft cunts who wanted to be different at school :lol:

Edited by Elric
formatting

Just now, Elric said:

The majority (of the tiny amount of) mackems in my part of Gateshead were generally contrarian daft cunts who wanted to be different at school :lol:

Yeah same. I'm from Gateshead and it's at least 90-95 percent Newcastle. I used to look at anyone from Gateshead that supported Sunderland like they'd loss their marbles. Mackems always exaggerate shit like this. It's the same with Durham. There's loads of Toon supporters be they'd have you believe it's all Sunderland and even Washington aswell

Yep, speaking as someone who grew up there, the idea that there is, or was, anything like a 10% Mackem supporter base in Gateshead is pure fantasy. In the 80s they might have had something like 5% but that is being generous. The Keegan era all but wiped out SAFC's Gateshead support though. Which explains why they are so anxious about what may happen going forward.

On another note, it was pretty disappointing to see MK Dons lose last night. A win tonight for the oiks and I'd say promotion is looking likely. No way will Wycombe win the final, whoever they come up against.

I thought the mackem mantra on gateshead was to accept that the majority support Newcastle but it was OK marra because "one of ours from there is worth ten of theirs."

In terms of the football club I thought it was common knowledge that a lot of our dafties go and watch them if/when they're serving banning orders from nufc, unless that's not a thing anymore?

Not condoning this behaviour but it can't be more than ten years since their fans got Channel by Gateshead at services on an awayday twice in a matter of months.

5 minutes ago, Boo Boy said:

Gateshead was part of county durham so 100% of people from there support SAFC. no way do any support the mags. it is deluded to think so is their mantra

I was raised in Bensham and I, vaguely, remember a cricket ground nearby. Swear down an Uncle told me Durham played there occasionally. Mind it was varnigh 50 years ago so probably pish.

45 minutes ago, Boo Boy said:

Gateshead was part of county durham so 100% of people from there support SAFC. no way do any support the mags. it is deluded to think so is their mantra

Don’t stop at County Durham what about Northumberland and North Tyneside, surely the massive lads fans are in the majority there aswell.