sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Surely they cant bottle another play-off final? Must be a good amount of mackems who have spunked their entire summer vacation budget on taking a shit in the trafalgar square fountain then getting devastated to see Sunderland lose the final during the last few years

Can imagine Alex Neil fucking off to a better club if they dont go up and then they have to start all over again

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

If they go up then I think Ashley might be interested in them if his late bid for Derby fails.

They have a stadium that needs no investment, they have a training ground that needs no investment, and a fan base who already love him, and the owners will be wanting to cash in for a small profit as soon as they become a Championship club.

Their stadium is looking very tired these days and they have a fanbase who steadfastly refuse to pay the going rate for match tickets. Can't see them appealing to Ashley as he won't be able to make money out of them like he did with us. Even in the Premier League they haemorrhage money left, right and centre.

Aside from all that for the past 3 months since Neil was appointed I've been sticking the odd tenner and 20 on them just to be promoted whenever I've had a win on my coupon at odds varying from 4/1 at best to 13/8 at the shortest. I also stuck a few quid on them to "qualify" v Sheff Wed and I've put money on them "lifting the trophy" v Wycombe so if the worst does happen, and I think it will, I get £696 back as a consolation.

Hand on heart, I sincerely hope I'm collecting nothing!

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Good that........

£35m for Danny Drinkwater man :lol:

With regards to Jack Rodwell I actually thought he was a good signing for them at the time. Looked a quality young player at Everton and even City signed him. Fair to say it turned catastrophic and must be the worst signing in their history 

10 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

£35m for Danny Drinkwater man :lol:

With regards to Jack Rodwell I actually thought he was a good signing for them at the time. Looked a quality young player at Everton and even City signed him. Fair to say it turned catastrophic and must be the worst signing in their history 

Alvarez runs him close- £14m for a player they never owned. 🤦‍♂️😂😂

i wonder if they will invoke their usual wembley game plan.

1. get drunk in trafalgar square whilst ruining the fountain.

2. be so hungover they get outsung by the opposition.

3. go 1-0 up.

4. sing are you watching newcassle

5. find a spectacular way to lose

I've been to the Sunderland forum, and tbh as far as they are concerned we might as well not bother turning up ! We're a shithouse crap football team who are going to get battered by prime Barcelona apparently. I used to like Sunderland but the state of your fans and their whole attitude since you've been in League one is why most other league one teams can't stand you now.

The thing is. Even when we were as shite as them, derbies were still big events and a class day out. Imagine if we got all the fun of starting to drink at breakfast and added an almost certain victory? We would be mad to not welcome them back.

Edited by Hovagod

9 hours ago, Stifler said:

If they go up then I think Ashley might be interested in them if his late bid for Derby fails.

They have a stadium that needs no investment, they have a training ground that needs no investment, and a fan base who already love him, and the owners will be wanting to cash in for a small profit as soon as they become a Championship club.

Their love of him was based on him being a shit owner to us, that won't wash with them, just as they hate our new owners, cos so far they are mint to us 

It's a massive jump up from League One to Championship, the gulf in quality is probably bigger than Championship promotion to Premier League. They'd likely be relegated again without smart investment.

They’re not happy with Wycombe getting 20k allocation , massive lads fans will be all over their end. I think amnesia has set in and they’ve forgot about the thousands of unsold seats they had for the Charlton final.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

They’re not happy with Wycombe getting 20k allocation , massive lads fans will be all over their end. I think amnesia has set in and they’ve forgot about the thousands of unsold seats they had for the Charlton final.

Yes they've forgotten they returned 6k tickets last time they made it to the Final and were heavily outnumbered by Charlton fans.

Also their average gate is 31k and they've been given 37,500 tickets so every regular supporter this season will get one with room to spare.