sunderland in the EFL

Big River

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's a long way to go yet. Their small squad will be a issue as the season goes on. A decent win against a poor Reading side won't change that.

Aye, it's a fucking long old Champo season. Obviously this applies to all teams but injuries will take their toll. They won't roll many teams over like they did tonight. 

3 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

FB_IMG_1663188471582.thumb.jpg.3d35d0a5b3e3f857bdaa5df3477db5f2.jpg

I thought casuals were called casuals because they took pride in doing their hooligan clownery while decked out in overpriced smart casual gear like £300 Stone Island jumpers? Why do these lot look like they've got dressed in the TK Maxx bargain bin in the dark? Lad at the front has shoes sponsored by Barrat's Fruit Salads.

7 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

I thought casuals were called casuals because they took pride in doing their hooligan clownery while decked out in overpriced smart casual gear like £300 Stone Island jumpers? Why do these lot look like they've got dressed in the TK Maxx bargain bin in the dark? Lad at the front has shoes sponsored by Barrat's Fruit Salads.

Those hard bastards took WBA tonight.I’ve just read it on rtg,the knaars marra.

11 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

The kid on the right with the black t-shirt lives next door to Pennywell fish shop.

Find that now we are on the up I hardly care how they are doing , last few years I was desperate for them to lose every game as much as I wanted us to win due to the mess of a owner and a manager we had . Still want them to get beat every week but when they win I hardly even give it a second thought anymore . They are never going to realistically compete with us again for the foreseeable future regardless of what league they are in and that’s what has killed them the most about our takeover .

10 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Is that Beefy's laddie on the right, there? Apparently he used to be a red and white?

5 hours ago, OverThere said:

We can take the p*ss out of them all we like but I'm surprised how decent they look albeit its the Champo. I'd rather have them in the PL and hammer them.

i wouldnt.

the whole of derby week is too bloody stressful.

and there's always the chance they'll fluke a win.

cannit be risking that.

I'll take it back, I honestly thought the step up would be too much for them and they'd be bouncing round the bottom, but fair play they've made a good fist of it so far this season. However, it is a long season and its early days, but kudos for being 6th after playing a 5th of their games.

17 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I'll take it back, I honestly thought the step up would be too much for them and they'd be bouncing round the bottom, but fair play they've made a good fist of it so far this season. However, it is a long season and its early days, but kudos for being 6th after playing a 5th of their games.

You're correct, but I have to say though this season's championship is the poorest it has been for years. The level of quality in the games I've watched is really poor. 

8 hours ago, et tu brute said:

You're correct, but I have to say though this season's championship is the poorest it has been for years. The level of quality in the games I've watched is really poor. 

I watched the Middlesbrough v sunderland game recently and it was abysmal.  Boro are unbelievably bad but they somehow won against an equally bad mackem team.

Discussing if they get promoted again....

With another season under their belt, a bunch of the youngsters could be plenty good enough for the PL. If Roberts and Pritchard keep their keen, so could they. LND looks like he could play at any level.

Patterson
Ballard Cirkin (maybe Alese and Huggins)
Roberts Neil Clarke Pritchard (maybe Embleton, Ba, Michut and Bennette)
LND

Not sure about players like Batth, O9 and Gooch, but, given their performances this season, maybe them, too.

That looks like a core of players who might mean we don't have to gut the squad to have half a chance. It's almost like this was the plan, all along... acquire loads of young talent and let them grow together.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/say-we-got-promoted-this-season-back-to-the-premier-league.1589540/post-36883936

:lol:

28 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Discussing if they get promoted again....

With another season under their belt, a bunch of the youngsters could be plenty good enough for the PL. If Roberts and Pritchard keep their keen, so could they. LND looks like he could play at any level.

Patterson
Ballard Cirkin (maybe Alese and Huggins)
Roberts Neil Clarke Pritchard (maybe Embleton, Ba, Michut and Bennette)
LND

Not sure about players like Batth, O9 and Gooch, but, given their performances this season, maybe them, too.

That looks like a core of players who might mean we don't have to gut the squad to have half a chance. It's almost like this was the plan, all along... acquire loads of young talent and let them grow together.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/say-we-got-promoted-this-season-back-to-the-premier-league.1589540/post-36883936

:lol:

Their current team would seriously struggle to get into double figures points wise [emoji38]