sunderland in the EFL

Big River

11 hours ago, Scoot said:

Yep, we've been really lucky this season in terms of refereeing/VAR decisions. 

Their minds have gone!

Can anyone with even the biggest anti NUFC blinkers on tell me that we've had a load of decisions go our way this season? 

3 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

The state of this man, not a grown adult surely...

"Not knocking the Burnley lads , they were game. But the Sunderland youth appeared to know "exactly" what they were up to. And more importantly they seemed a tight little mob."

Read more fascinating comments

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/burnley-fans-on-carley-road.1592132/page-5

Why do the weird fuckers (note - fully grown adults) who get off on this stuff write and talk about it in such an unnatural way?  The stupid twats sound like a character from a John King novel, rather than a charver from Howden.  It is a completely unnatural way of talking in the NE.  About as authentic as Tim Westwood.

I once was driving past Turf Moor on a rainy day and saw a gate open and stopped and walked in. Met the groundsman and had a long chat with him on the centre spot. The stadium deserted and the huge terracing looked awesome.
He invited me for a cup’f tea and he was such a knowledgeable bloke.

Not sure where to start with this. Probably shows just how thick the mackems can be that even when they're making up a yarn which involves "driving past Turf Moor" (as you do frequently when you're based in SR1) and deciding to park up when you see a gate open, you have a long chat with the groundsman on the centre spot ON A RAINY DAY :lol:. Only a Mackem would stand in the centre spot in the rain when there's an entire fucking stadium full of shelter in a fictional story where a groundsman allows a stranger to wander into his stadium and makes him a cup of tea. The "huge terracing looked awesome" (barely holds 22,000 - the mackems might actually full it) but at no point does our hero think to stand in the dry terraced area. Hopefully Mr Groundsman at Burnley will have learned to lock his fictional gate next time.

39 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Will we finish higher in the Premier League than these lot do in the Championship?

Yes, we are likely to finish M U C H higher.

There is actually quite a strong possibility (they have been lucky a few times this season so far) that they will be relegated back to the Third Division at the end of this season, a strong possibility.

They’re over the moon they’ve got the sunderland youth to fight for the pride of the the massive lads fans. 

Hooliganism, racism and human rights. What a combination. 

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

Is that the right link as I can't see any Burnley fan in peace on there.

Sorry, never seen the "post 75" at the very start of your post.[emoji38]

The way these morons go on about scrapping after matches and all that, you can just tell the mentality of their supporters. They really are living in the 80s over on wearside.

4 minutes ago, 1892er said:

Still tight down the bottom half of the champo. Didn't realise they were only 4 points off relegation places. Would love to see them sink again.

Some big clubs down there who you think will eventually get out of it easily with their new managers.

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

Yes, we are likely to finish M U C H higher.

There is actually quite a strong possibility (they have been lucky a few times this season so far) that they will be relegated back to the Third Division at the end of this season, a strong possibility.

Out of curiosity, which matches do you think they've been lucky in? It's probably been the opposite the times I have watched them on Sky (Blackburn, Norwich etc.), plus they've obviously been playing the last 5 or so matches with no recognised striker.

I thought they might have had an outside shot of the playoffs, but the lack of squad depth, and one win in their last 7 has likely curbed that a bit, but I think they'll be in and around where they are now, and probably nearer 6th than 22nd in terms of points.

But to answer the original question, yes, we should be finishing higher in our respective divisions.

9 minutes ago, Nun tumblers said:

Sunderland are a league 1 club in size  setup aupport  flags players and crisps,it suits MLF mentality to be hoying punches with Wickham wanderers accy stan etc.

This is a fact.

I understand your enthusiasm, but no way are sunland a league 1 club.

Championship / Premier League.

Their time in league 1 was just funny.