sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Our club literally had no foundations minus the fact he spent fuck all so allowed us room to breath with ffp.

We also bought some good players, and paired them up with past it no mark managers. They can't fool anyone trying to say we had some plan in place to buy great players for the betterment of the team, it was always a gamble for a big pay out.

It was our love of the game that was on life support. Non-Newcastle fans will never really grasp that part of it without experiencing it themselves at their club imo. 

Our financial stability was irrelevant, we could have easily been a self-sustaining club that also had ambition, or we could have speculated to accumulate. Instead we were told that being in the Premier League was success in itself and he took all profits out of the club, used as a free advertising board for his tat emporium, and stripped everything out of the club in order to make finishing 17th with the lowest outlay possible the ultimate dream outcome. 

Apparently we were supposed to be grateful for that. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

I never really mooch about on RTG but couldn't help myself this morning. So far what I've seen;

- Newcastle the city being a shithole (I mean come on ffs :lol: the best thing about your cesspit is Jackie Whites market)

- one of them wanting to punch Eddie Howe for being a 'smug c*nt'

- we will have tourists at SJP shortly which will impact atmosphere

- Green energy will meant Saudi's will run out of money

- we've been lucky and media should be talking about Fulham more than us

- we can't be good because Dan Burn plays left back

- we will drop like a stone 'even we were 2nd at Xmas twice'

- if we ever win a trophy, it should have an * next to it

- Ashley deserves credit for signing the likes of Almiron and Joelinton

- wanting Trippier to have a career ending injury

All this amongst casual racism (camel humpers), arguments amongst themselves - glorious reading. In fairness, there's a few who say it how it is - that they wouldn't give a fuck if it was them who had PiF as owners and they're jealous of us, we look a good side etc.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we were shortly going to be in the lower leagues for 6 years, whilst they were competing at the top looking brilliant on and off the pitch, I'd probably change sport. 

1 hour ago, madras said:

If you can get hold of it, John Gibson's "Newcastle United FC Story" goes through the Fairs Cup run game by game and is the best writing up of it that I've read.

Yes indeed it is very good.

I like this one which was published by NUFC and the players themselves, in 1969 . . . 

Our Fabulous Fairs Cup_0001.jpg

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

you guys care far too much about what gets said on rtg.

I don't, but I do like any excuse (even caused by the Morons on RTG) to talk about my first season going to matches as a young-un at St James supporting NUFC in 1969.

Our Fabulous F A I R S  C U P !!!

54 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

- Green energy will meant Saudi's will run out of money

What they don’t understand is with Saudi Arabia’ climate they’re well placed to use massive solar arrays to produce green hydrogen and export it to counties that don’t have the climate or the money to create the necessary infrastructure . Plus they’ve got PIF and it’s investments to fall back on when the oil runs out in 50 years or so.

1 minute ago, SAK said:

What they don’t understand is with Saudi Arabia’ climate they’re well placed to use massive solar arrays to produce green hydrogen and export it to counties that don’t have the climate or the money to create the necessary infrastructure . Plus they’ve got PIF and it’s investments to fall back on when the oil runs out in 50 years or so.

I'm in Saudi Arabia right now, and I'm literally looking at this sort of thing. Although domestically, households could do better with energy.

6 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It was our love of the game that was on life support. Non-Newcastle fans will never really grasp that part of it without experiencing it themselves at their club imo. 

Our financial stability was irrelevant, we could have easily been a self-sustaining club that also had ambition, or we could have speculated to accumulate. Instead we were told that being in the Premier League was success in itself and he took all profits out of the club, used as a free advertising board for his tat emporium, and stripped everything out of the club in order to make finishing 17th with the lowest outlay possible the ultimate dream outcome. 

Apparently we were supposed to be grateful for that. 

It's crazy. The only player we've signed that an Ashley NUFC should have found too expensive is Isak. Howe and the rest of the players would have all been attainable if Ashley had given a fuck and tried to run us competitively on and off the pitch rather than as a Sports Direct advert.

The 'net spend' before Isak for the last 5 years with the rest of those signings just took us on par with Villa, Everton, Wolves & West Ham which is probably our natural level without the hindrance of Ashley and the mega funds of PIF.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

The sad mackems of course have never thrown objects at an away game.A flare at a derby game for example.

They thought that was a great source of hilarity iirc.

42 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Quite a few on RTG are suggesting that the club have been warned loads of times that this goes on but are ignoring it because of the cost of putting a net up to prevent it.

They've changed their tune. They used to whinge whenever we mentioned Net Spend.

18 hours ago, Cattletrucked said:

Couple of ‘mags’ on there tonight pandering to the mlf’s ….I mean aye fair enough, have objections to certain things, but going on there to lick arses :icon_puke_r:

yep they are all at it , grim .