Newcastle United vs Leicester City, Sunday 17/4/2022 @ 14:15 (SKY)

LRD

2 hours ago, STM said:

Albrighton man.:lol:

How is someone at their recruitment centre not been sacked for still having him in their squad? :lol:

They are lucky they have an ace youth system.

Still one of the best crossers in the EPL. They just don’t have a target man anymore.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

ET would've been ideal but surely we're pleased with them progressing? 

It’s good for us potentially catching/passing them in the league.

Hopefully they drink too much tonight and have a 3 day hangover.

On 09/04/2022 at 10:59, Yorkie said:

Feeling as relaxed as I do, and going along with my other half for only our second time (the first being the 2-0 Brighton game in the Championship) I honestly just hope it's a good occasion and a good game. Obviously I want us to trounce them as I would anyone, but if it's an entertaining draw and a point closer to planning for the future, then that'll do fine. 

Hope you both have a great day (and another 2-0!) 

Taking the little'n over again for this, she's absolutely buzzing for it :aww:

I love how I can get her properly involved now without feeling like I'm giving her the plague.  

3 points please. 

What age are you guys taking your little ones to their first games? My three and a half year old daughter hasn’t shown much interest in watching football yet but planning on taking her next season potentially 

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What age are you guys taking your little ones to their first games? My three and a half year old daughter hasn’t shown much interest in watching football yet but planning on taking her next season potentially 

Same situation here. I was thinking next season too. My wee one is 4 in December so maybe a cup game if we get a home tie

My eldest was 9 (Burnley this season) and youngest 7 (cambridge :anguish:) .... That's down to me refusing to take them under the previous owners rather than their age though.  I would have gladly took them at any age as long as I knew it wasn't just going to be a headache trying to keep them interested for the full 90.

I was absolutely desperate to go - literally the thing in life I wanted the most - by the time my Dad first took me, aged 7. I think I basically exploded when they revealed it. :lol:

I feel like I'd have to be similarly patient cos I wouldn't want to take my little'un only for them to bored/not that arsed.

(I'm not a parent)

I wouldn’t do it before 5 if I’m honest, they’re just not ready for it at that age and could find it intimidating.

Taken my 6 year old a couple of times this season though and he loves it but does find it hard to concentrate for the full 90 mins.

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

I wouldn’t do it before 5 if I’m honest, they’re just not ready for it at that age and could find it intimidating.

Taken my 6 year old a couple of times this season though and he loves it but does find it hard to concentrate for the full 90 mins.

They should shorten the matches to 60 minutes!!

9 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Agree. Today is my little boy’s 4th game, he’s 6. He likes going but there are pretty long stretches of the game that he’s just bored and I’m constantly telling him not to kick chairs, climb on me, etc. He was in awe of the stadium the first time and that carried him through most of it. Now that he’s used to it though I think it’ll be a few years until he really settles in to actually watch a game. Still planning on getting him a season ticket if I can though!

41 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I was planning on waiting a bit longer to take my boy but when the super cheap Cambridge tickets went on sale I thought it was worth a try. I also had taken him to watch Whitley Bay 2/3 times prior to SJP so he knew roughly what to expect.

11 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I was planning on waiting a bit longer to take my boy but when the super cheap Cambridge tickets went on sale I thought it was worth a try. I also had taken him to watch Whitley Bay 2/3 times prior to SJP so he knew roughly what to expect.

Same - did the Norwich pre season game and he spent the whole game booting the chair in front, left it 5 months and he was much more interested in the Cambridge game.

Took him to Watford and he was buzzing with the 1-1 as it was “better than losing to Cambridge” :lol:

Today is game number 4 for him. 

58 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

My first game was at three months old at a certain Fairs Cup Final as my mother (season ticket holder) couldn't get a baby sitter and wasn't going to miss the game. I was four when I went to my next game after that.