Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

2 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Gordon has looked incredible this half. 

He's been very good, I think I'm starting to get it a bit :lol: when he's not just playing it really dull and simple (as he too often does imo) he can really make things happen with his running.

Isak looks half asleep :lol: Gordon and Miley have been canny, Almiron at a push as well. Pretty much everyone else pretty bad. 

Edited by Interpolic

Class from Gordon. Almirón's been lively as well tbf, well taken goal.

We've been vulnerable immediately after turnovers and the backline looks slow. Haven't been able to get Isak in the game at all, he's been poor tbph. Not worked Kepa enough as a team overall.

Pointless microanalysing friendlies but I can't help it. :lol:

Early reactions:

Undeserved for us but class from Almiron. He has looked sharp. I think first or second play of the game, he fooled Cucurella by going to the end line and using his right foot. Hopefully we see more of that. 

I thought our lack of pace at the back showed - I am not sure what Botman was upset about, he just missed it. Before going out, Schar was also a step behind the Chelsea front.

Miley again looking like he belongs, im fucking ecstatic for him.

Isak... not up to snuff. Its a preseason game so idgaf, but does not look good.

Gordon did well. Tonali average. Joelinton got better as the game got going.

I am excited to see Murphy.

Miley aside our weakness has been the spine of the team - Schar, Botman, Tonali, Joelinton, and Isak. I'm not even really sure what the exact problem is but something is not working through the middle.

Just now, Interpolic said:

He's been very good, I think I'm starting to get it a bit :lol: when he's not just playing it really dull and simple (as he too often does imo) he can really make things happen with his running.

Isak looks half asleep :lol: Gordon and Miley have been canny, Almiron at a push as well. 

he looks a lot sharper than he did last season. Pretty crisp passing and seems to have more zip.

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Is Atlanta’s stadium as good as it looks? Anyone been?

Can’t even see the corner down the left hand side from the main camera. Awful planning no matter how many holsters you can buy for branded in your favourite franchise.

Am I correct that Chelsea spent 60m on Cucu and 90m on Mudryk? 150m on that shite left side. Could get you 1 and a half Bellingham. :lol:

Gordon is looking amazing this year. We need some pace in our backline though, hope Schar is ok.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Seems like quality prep for the season this like, proper games.

It is but it’s absolutely rank playing same league teams preseason though. Howe and Unai having to absolutely bogus systems last match ffs. 

Feels like pace is a big factor in this game. Mudryk and Jackson have caused us all sorts of problems at the back, and Gordon and Miggy have done likewise at the other end.

1 minute ago, nortoon said:

Am I correct that Chelsea spent 60m on Cucu and 90m on Mudryk? 150m on that shite left side. Could get you 1 and a half Bellingham. :lol:

Almiron has made Cucurella look like a league 2 plodder this half. 

1 minute ago, nortoon said:

Gordon is looking amazing this year. We need some pace in our backline though, hope Schar is ok.

It’s way too early to write off Mudryk. 60m for Cucu is madness though.