Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

I got a ticket for each, would have been nice if they had an option to have the same seat for the two games. With you being Ona time limit it doesn’t give you much chance to take note of where you were sitting when you select the 2nd game.

5 minutes ago, HawK said:

What was the availability looking like?

Gallowgate block M had about 500 free at about 10.30.

East stand block J had about 450 free. 

Queue moved pretty quickly and I was about 2675 iirc

Just got in. Loads of tickets left for Bilbao - basically the full Strawberry Corner is available.

Block F has 273 seats

Block E has 415 seats

I'm not sure this will sell out as quickly as people thought.

I got in within 40 mins of waiting. Got 3 tickets for the Friday game and 2 for the Saturday. I'm looking forward to them now!

Hopefully everyone that wants 1, gets 1.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

I'm not sure this will sell out as quickly as people thought.

Maybe, maybe not. There is over 20k in the online queue, they have a queue at SJP, and a telephone queue as well.

This is only people who are able to do this upon release as well.

Considering people going away for their holidays and such, I think there maybe decent crowds for the games. I wonder if they will £10 the upper tiers at a later date.

The queue moves much quicker than the timer on the website, I went out for a while as I was not expecting to be in until 11:30...  when I came back at 11:05 I was already in.  Absolutely tons of availability for both games.

Looks like there is no on-line queue at all now...  I just tested by logging in and went straight to the ticket area.

Edited by pinkeye

Used our student privileges to get 2 x 10a tickets for me and the missus and got 2 junior tickets for the bairns... 40 quid doesn't feel bad at all.

Bilbao game in the gallowgate :)

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Can anyone see where you change to Child’s tickets? Trying to get 4 adult and a kid but can’t see where you change.

It came up for me after I'd selected the seats, could change them from adult to whatever else using a little drop down menu.

That was on a desktop rather than phone.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Can anyone see where you change to Child’s tickets? Trying to get 4 adult and a kid but can’t see where you change.

Just press where it says adult

£20 now is miles better than £10 going to Ashley so I don't mind the prices in that sense. 

It starts to get expensive when you're taking a family though, and friendlies are the type of game that alot of parents want to have a day out with the kids maybe take them to their first game and test the waters let them get a feel for it. With the economy the way it is ATM I can see a lot either not being able to or just not wanting to pay these prices, which is a shame. 

I mean they'll probably sell out so you can't say they've priced it too highly in a way but they could have made it more affordable. Even just something like two adults and two kids for £40. 

3 hours ago, HawK said:

Yeah I follow you. And to be honest, match-going fans in the PL are a big part of the product. Especially our fans with all the fantastic work @Heron and the rest of Wor Flags do.

But until some global-regulation or restriction on spending/finances comes in (which never will unfortunately), I don't see it changing. Whatever club has the most £ to spend will generally get the best players, and with this godawful FFP regulatory system in place, clubs are going to push every revenue stream available.

Hate to say it but it's been a case if you cannot beat 'em, join 'em for NUFC. Money is killing football on the whole. I won't be complaining when we win the world cup with Newcastle though

Edited by Heron