Manchester City 5-0 Newcastle United (08/05/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, Yorkie said:

No he hasn't, you're just saying that because you feel armed with modern context to defend a position you've always held. Dubravka has been a far, far better goalie than Darlow, but he's regressed a lot.

he’s Darlow’s mate isn’t he?

I didn't expect us to get away with anything but total slaughtering, but my God we are tame to watch. Running around like headless chickens, no plan, no structure, no flair, nothing.

This team is not anywhere near doing what Brighton did yesterday. Most matches we seem to win by somekind of God given fluke.

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Dubravka has always been more or less = to Darlow.  People wouldn't have that he makes loads of clangers when Darlow was busy making a similar number of clangers :lol: 

:lol: give it a rest, Karl. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

No he hasn't, you're just saying that because you feel armed with modern context to defend a position you've always held. Dubravka has been a far, far better goalie than Darlow, but he's regressed a lot.

I see a goalkeeper everyone said was MUCH MUCH better than Darlow being as shit and call it what it is :lol: 

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

That and the Dummet one confused me like hoping Howe isn't being too loyal to certain players although have heard he can be ruthless.

My thought is that we need “trained at club” for Europe.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s got one in him every game, it’s such a poor mistake as well.

I'm sorry, but he doesn't, I honestly can't remember the last mistake he made :lol:

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Dubravka has always been more or less = to Darlow.  People wouldn't have that he makes loads of clangers when Darlow was busy making a similar number of clangers :lol: 

More or less equal to Darlow?? No chance.

He’s way above Darlow man 

Guest reefatoon
10 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Bad goalkeeper. Sell. Am I allowed to say that?

Yes, just ASM is protected.

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I see a goalkeeper everyone said was MUCH MUCH better than Darlow being as shit and call it what it is :lol: 

Telling it like it is klaxon

Just now, The Bonk said:

"The crowd go quiet, but they are appreciating them" 

Fuck off. :lol: 

:lol: 

Reminds me of a Spain game in Euro 2012 where at HT Clive Tyldsley mused about the fan’s “silent appreciation”.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Don't think he will be here by the time the clubs fighting for top 4 needing to beat them. Hope he is and I feel terrible saying that lol.

As much as I'd like him to achieve that here its unlikely

Meh. Make errors against this lot and you're guaranteed to be punished. Early as it was, the game swung on that Wood chance. If we score then, their anxiety piles on what happened in midweek. 

We didn't, they settled, we were less than perfect at the back and that was that. Damage limitation now.