Overrated players

Guest ManDoon

On 11/05/2022 at 14:17, ManDoon said:

Negredo, damn that’s a throwback lol. Yeah it’s totally worth it, id give anything to have seen him on his absolute peak though, must have been crazy to watch @Village Idiotwill know. Imagine having watched R9, Messi, and Ronaldinho play for your team lol 

:)

Gotta say I never watched R9 live, though. I was a penniless student back then and he left after just one season.

Also, I'll curse covid for robbing me of one last Messi game before he left :(

10 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: What pub were you at as a bairn at like 9/10am on a weekday?

I was in year eight and first lessons got cancelled so we could all watch it in the hall on a big screen.

It was my cousins pub, although I may be remembering it wrong and mixing it up with a Newcastle match as I would have been like 11/12. I can remember watching WC games in school too like was mad :lol:

12 hours ago, Holloway said:

Saka. Watched him up close lately, a lot of the stuff he tries doesn't come off. He's a talent but not near the mark yet and I think he might fade to upper echelon mediocrity

He's played an outrageous amount of football the last two years, never being rotated out as Pepe has shat the bed, think he's gassed to be honest and was much better earlier in the season.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye Saka's tired.

He's played 51 games this season. Starting 44. He's 20. Can't think of many 20 y'o having played that much time of elite football.

That’s the time to do it, if you can. Come on dude. :lol: 

Saka's mint but you often see it in young players, get huge confidence initialy and do really well but then have a difficult time or whatever after a long season or so. Developed right he should gain consistency, or the other way he may not turn into the player hoped for but he deserves patience. 

Edited by Tiresias

CR7. An extreme athlete and very impressive to maintain that level for so long. But in terms of pure skill and ability, GOAT? No way IMO. He’s not even the best Ronaldo ever.

On 16/05/2022 at 08:43, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: What pub were you at as a bairn at like 9/10am on a weekday?

I was in year eight and first lessons got cancelled so we could all watch it in the hall on a big screen.

He definitely meant it, ffs.

And to think that Brazilian side wasn't rated much back then. :lol: