Newcastle United 2-0 Arsenal (18/05/2022)

Yorkie

1 hour ago, dabe said:

Arsenal messed up in January, they never had the depth or supplemented their youth and players like Saka have been running on fumes for weeks. Their entire defence being half fit doesn't help either.

Absolutely this. But again, they have spent an absolute shit-ton of money and  have only had the League Cup to worry about. They even got our game postponed despite having just one (one!!) player test positive for COVID. The whole thing doesn’t make any sense.

I somehow always forgot how much Arteta has spent at Arsenal. Around 100m on the defence alone this summer which has ended up conceding way more than they did the previous campaign. 

They never looked up for it from the off tonight. With the right investment in this transfer window there's no reason we shouldn't be aiming to compete against them next season. 

1 minute ago, duo said:

I can't wait till we ditch Fun88 on the shirts - when is the contract due to end?

Think it's safe to assume it won't be there next season regardless of when they have a contract until. 

Just now, samptime29 said:

Watching lap of honour on you tube now. Canny to see the players with their bairns. Really cool moment. Crowd and team in unison together.

Share. 

Just got back from the match. That was a night to remember even though we had nothing to play for. The flags before the game, the atmosphere all game, the performance, the scoreline, the lap of honour from the players, coaches and owners. Just unbelievable.

Totally lost my voice and my hands are still killing from clapping.

Gotta try and get to sleep now as I'm up at 5 for work.

Fucken love this club.

We were faultless tonight like. Couldn't believe how quickly we got the ball back off Arsenal first half, and how we dominated possession. Then in the second half with less possession we opened them up a few times and never looked in much danger ourselves. 

Very exciting times to follow NUFC now, almost forgot what this was like after a decade or so of darkness. Amazing turnaround from Howe, staff and players. 

9 minutes ago, jack j said:

Was ramsdale wearing slippers first half?

Never seen a keeper deck it so many times in one half. Why didn't he change his boots? :lol:

They also insisted on attempting an awful clipped counter attack thing every other goal kick and it didn't work once. They bottled it big time tonight. 

Just now, NEEJ said:

Never seen a keeper deck it so many times in one half. Why didn't he change his boots? :lol:

They also insisted on attempting an awful clipped counter attack thing every other goal kick and it didn't work once. They bottled it big time tonight. 

Was mad. He even had a centre half taking a goal kick at one point. He's in the pickford mould of gobshites so was funny to watch