Burnley vs. Newcastle United: 22/05/22 @ 4pm (No UK TV)

Decky

A rare game in a while where (non-elite) opposition have better much form than us. Burnley last four at home P4 W3 L1. The wins were Everton, Soton, and Wolves. Our last four away are P4 W1 L3 including two pastings.

I still expect us to win, but I doubt it'll be a pushover. Leeds may well lose, in which case Burnley stay up anyway.

23 minutes ago, Stottie said:

A rare game in a while where (non-elite) opposition have better much form than us. Burnley last four at home P4 W3 L1. The wins were Everton, Soton, and Wolves. Our last four away are P4 W1 L3 including two pastings.

I still expect us to win, but I doubt it'll be a pushover. Leeds may well lose, in which case Burnley stay up anyway.

Thanks Geoff!

8 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Feel there will likely be one at Turf Moor with either result. 

That last part is what I, and I'm sure the squad, would be worried about. Imagine we beat Burnley 2 or 3 nil, and Leeds win. There could be a pretty nasty pitch invasion there. 

This will be a tough one, the Leeds score will definitely dictate the intensity of the match. We have enough quality to win this fairly comfortably but Burnley will be fighting tooth and nail for a result. 

3 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I'm a firm defendant of the blackout and believe not televising endless amounts of football is a good thing in general - but I do struggle to understand why all the games aren't televised on the last day. There is no other lower league football on and it would hardly damage attendances in the PL to show them all.

Out of interest would you watch a dead rubber involving your own team or a game that decides the title/relegation which coverages involves another team chasing the title/relegation? 

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Out of interest would you watch a dead rubber involving your own team or a game that decides the title/relegation which coverages involves another team chasing the title/relegation? 

Good question. 

17 minutes ago, LFEE said:

My own team.

17 minutes ago, LFEE said:

This time last season I'd say the 2nd option but fuck that don't wanna miss a match now

I would choose the important game. I remember when Aguero won it for city. I was watching our game until Everton scored their third and switched over. A Liverpool supporting friend watched their dead rubber against QPR. I know I should applaud their commitment to their team but it just struck me as insular and frankly unimaginative 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

People should be able to watch the game they want, is the basic point. Especially if the match itself is sold out, or an away game. 

Not really how TV and advertising works nor an answer to my question ?

29 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I'd have both on. Still remember watching Aguero's goal go in while we were playing absolutely shite at Goodison Park. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I'd have both on. Still remember watching Aguero's goal go in while we were playing absolutely shite at Goodison Park. 

I was at Goodison wishing I was in a pub watching Man City v QPR ?

Couldn't give a monkeys about the title race, race for 4th or the relegation battle unless we're involved in any of them.

Tbh there's very few games at the elite level I'm really that arsed about watching, and it's more a case of: if I can easily access it/if I'm doing nowt else/if my other half is out or busy with something else. I got BT this season and made an effort to catch plenty Europa/Conference League games cos I think that's a great competition with a lot more variety, more teams I know less about, and more never-seen-before fixtures. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But what’s the point behind the question? 

A - a little thing called curiosity as I wouldn’t be surprised if many were tempted to give a dead rubber a swerve.

B - that would explain TV companies decisions not to do it as they don’t want to dilute advertising revenue and have extra expense of full TV crews and commentators etc

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Couldn't give a monkeys about the title race, race for 4th or the relegation battle unless we're involved in any of them.

Tbh there's very few games at the elite level I'm really that arsed about watching, and it's more a case of: if I can easily access it/if I'm doing nowt else/if my other half is out or busy with something else. I got BT this season and made an effort to catch plenty Europa/Conference League games cos I think that's a great competition with a lot more variety, more teams I know less about, and more never-seen-before fixtures. 

I find that a very odd and a bit of a sad outlook. I dare say it’s because I’ve always thought of myself as a football fan first and NUFC fan second, hence why I’m balanced with refereeing decisions when other wear B&W specs.

Surprised you don’t watch the KO stuff and finals of Cup competitions etc or big match ups in various leagues. 

I don’t “care” about other games in the way I care about our games, but I watch them for tactics, skill and to see the spectacle of top teams facing off. 

I can’t see myself ever skipping a live game at SJP to watch anything else on TV though. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo