General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

What Newcastle goal do you reckon you celebrated more than any other?

David Kelly with THAT goal. nothing will ever beat that.

This a million times over.

Being in the Gallowgate for Mark McGhee’s winner in the mental 5-4 against Leicester on Roy Aitkens debut was incredible. Robert Lee’s equaliser to make 2-2 at home to Birmingham in the promotion season was utter carnage too.

Martins v Boro in 2009. Thought that would keep us up.

Seemed so perfect at the time. Press banging on about Owen only needing one chance despite clearly not being arsed. He finally gets hooked for Oba and Oba scores within a minute.

Martins v Boro in 2009. Thought that would keep us up.

Seemed so perfect at the time. Press banging on about Owen only needing one chance despite clearly not being arsed. He finally gets hooked for Oba and Oba scores within a minute.

Think also it was the fact when Boro scored we looked doomed, then we got the equaliser and two goals. Was certain we’d get the point at Fulham which was likely to keep us up. Robbed by Howard Webb.

Thing I remember most about that Fulham game was the number of people wearing the new kit with Premier League names & numbers on the back and thinking that’s tempting fate. :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Bellamy v feyenoord is up there.

Albert v Man Utd coz even at 4-0 I was convinced Man United would comeback and win

Really? At 4-0 we were totally in control and they had completely lost their heads. We played some unbelievable stuff at 4-0 and ran them ragged. There was no way they were coming back into it at all, they were finished.

Albert v Man Utd coz even at 4-0 I was convinced Man United would comeback and win

Really? At 4-0 we were totally in control and they had completely lost their heads. We played some unbelievable stuff at 4-0 and ran them ragged. There was no way they were coming back into it at all, they were finished.

I was young. Just couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Obviously deep down I knew we battered them

Guest reefatoon

I was young. Just couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Obviously deep down I knew we battered them

:thup:

It's always a weird time or I'm in a weird place during NUFC matches so I don't get to normally celebrate. Ones that standout:

Enrique vs. Forest

Cisse vs. Anzhi

Any of the goals in our 2-1 win against Arsenal in 2018 and 2-3 lose to Liverpool in 2019 since I was there

What Newcastle goal do you reckon you celebrated more than any other?

David Kelly with THAT goal. nothing will ever beat that.

This a million times over.

Being in the Gallowgate for Mark McGhee’s winner in the mental 5-4 against Leicester on Roy Aitkens debut was incredible. Robert Lee’s equaliser to make 2-2 at home to Birmingham in the promotion season was utter carnage too.

Aye, remember that well. I was in the Milburn Paddocks

Random - Perez’ later winner at Brighton - we lost to Bristol City at home on the Saturday before and had Huddersfield away next and the media knives were out for Rafa! Got back in town at 5.45am and had work at 8am!  :lol: :lol:

Random - Perez’ later winner at Brighton - we lost to Bristol City at home on the Saturday before and had Huddersfield away next and the media knives were out for Rafa! Got back in town at 5.45am and had work at 8am!  :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Class

Final whistle went and then absolutely belted down, if I remember correctly?

Aye, I remember walking back to the Haymarket soaked and the atmosphere was very much "That's us relegated then".

Matt Richie’s pen in the 2-1 home win v Man City.

My grandad, who was more like a father, passed away at the very start of the month. I hadn’t been to a game since (I don’t think we’d won in that time at home), it snowed all morning but it was that sleety horrible stuff that just slushes everywhere up. My dad didn’t fancy it for a whole host of reason so I took his ticket (it was an evening game iirc). Aguero scored in the first minute but we were absolutely rock solid after that, a proper Rafa performance. Rondon absolutely battered their cb and got an equaliser then Longstaff nicked the ball and won a penalty. From where I was sat side on from the penalty spot it looked like he’d missed but the net and crowd eruption was enough. Everyone was diving all over each other like those mental away day videos that often do the rounds on social media. I sat in the ground for a good 15-20 minutes after the full time whistle just drinking it all in and realised it was the first time I’d smiled in at least month. Football is brilliant.