Jump to content

General NUFC stuff


LoveItIfWeBeatU
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, McCormick said:


With injuries, fixture congestion leading to resting players etc. it’s not inconceivable that we could field a midfield and forward line of: 
 

St- Wood

Rw- Murphy

Lw- Fraser

cm- Willock

cm- Longstaff

cm- Shelvey

 

:lol: . On paper our squad doesn’t feel like one that’ll be in contention for European places. With Howe, our first-team and the general feeling around the club these days you never know though. I’d predict 10-12th.

 

Tenuous side note: I feel people are sleeping on Crystal Palace this season. Think they’ll do a lot better than people expect.

 

 

Yeah the Athletic mentioned Palace a lot, and have been bigging up their signing of Cheick Doucure on a par with the likes of Bruno Guimaraes in terms of impact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rich said:

That top ten is pretty much how I’d have it.

 

4th and 8th being the most contested places, with three teams each that could easily finish there.

70C86CBF-9666-4012-9AC8-EB4CD14680AA.jpeg

Looks about right except swap Arsenal with Chelsea and Soton with Brentford.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the latest episode of The Overlap on YT. Same stuff as usual generally but I thought Kendall Rowan did a decent job "representing" Newcastle and spoke fairly well and without any daft hype or twitter-style moaning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Just watched the latest episode of The Overlap on YT. Same stuff as usual generally but I thought Kendall Rowan did a decent job "representing" Newcastle and spoke fairly well and without any daft hype or twitter-style moaning.

I agree though I thought she missed a chance when asked by JC now that last season has gone are the club realising how hard it is to sign players and improve etc to get to next level by not saying it hasn’t helped all the other clubs getting together and changing rules on various things to make it harder 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

I agree though I thought she missed a chance when asked by JC now that last season has gone are the club realising how hard it is to sign players and improve etc to get to next level by not saying it hasn’t helped all the other clubs getting together and changing rules on various things to make it harder 🙂

 

Fair point in hindsight but a tricky thing to get into "off the cuff" and whether she thought of it at the time or after (as humans often do), probably selected to keep it light and respectful. Not the easiest forum to get too in-depth as they spend so much time on the top 4 or 5 teams and the others only get a 2 minute segment. Hopefully that will change as we grow but I thought she spoke clearly and smartly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Martin Dúbravka
2 Kieran Trippier
3 Paul Dummett
4 Sven Botman
5 Fabian Schär
6 Jamaal Lascelles
7 Joelinton
8 Jonjo Shelvey
9 Callum Wilson
10 Allan Saint-Maximin
11 Matt Ritchie
12 Jamal Lewis
13 Matt Targett
17 Emil Krafth
18 Federico Fernández
19 Javier Manquillo
20 Chris Wood
21 Ryan Fraser
22 Nick Pope
23 Jacob Murphy
24 Miguel Almirón
26 Karl Darlow
27 Matty Longstaff
28 Joe Willock
29 Mark Gillespie
31 Kell Watts
32 Elliot Anderson
36 Sean Longstaff
39 Bruno Guimarães

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

 

Don't blame him one bit.

I did at the time as I loved him, but not now as you say and he’s in the top 10 greatest of all time PL ‘keepers easily. 

 

 

Edited by HTT II

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I did at the time as I loved him, but not now as you say and he’s in the top 10 greatest of all time PL ‘keepers easily. 

 

 

 

 

He'd seen the club go from playing in the CL and Cup Finals, through Robson, put up with the poor/averageness under Souness, Roeder & Allardyce, to the Wise/Kinnear days. He got an opportunity to go to City just as they were starting their climb just after he keep Liverpool into single figures. He's a club legend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

 

Don't blame him one bit.

 

I don't blame him, it was the club.

 

At the time it hurt though, felt like he just deserted us at our lowest ebb, more fool me [emoji38]

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

 

He'd seen the club go from playing in the CL and Cup Finals, through Robson, put up with the poor/averageness under Souness, Roeder & Allardyce, to the Wise/Kinnear days. He got an opportunity to go to City just as they were starting their climb just after he keep Liverpool into single figures. He's a club legend.

I think he said a while back he would have stayed, but he saw that a few players and the owner etc. just didn’t give a fuck and it would have hurt him to have stayed, that and he said he wanted just even one winners medal for all he put in to his time in the game. That transfer away probably hurt the most after Cole.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...