General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

22 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well anyone really. So many jobs I see advertised... has to be class, inspirational, talented, experienced in a similar role. But to get you to come we'll give you 40k a year. 

Bemused you think £40k a year is an insult. You are definitely getting the drinks in all the time from now on 🙂

On 31/07/2022 at 21:08, neesy111 said:

Don't think so.  Think you need a normal adult ticket.

Fuckers. Guess those hundreds of billions won't earn themselves.

Edited by Sima

I think it's the title as opposed to the salary which is misleading.  It looks like the role is solely around email content. If a very small share of commercial revenue is driven through email traffic and there are a lot of 'managers' reporting into the Marketing Director (who could even be the director of only the e-commerce unit) then I could see £40k being a reasonable salary outside of London.

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Bemused you think £40k a year is an insult. You are definitely getting the drinks in all the time from now on 🙂

Looking at other similar jobs across football clubs it looks like it's decent, which suggests to me that the job is either completely different and less intense when its at a football club, or as a sector they're paying insulting amounts. Marketing Manager jobs in the private sector start at £50k usually, my boss in the public sector is on more than what Newcastle are offering. 

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Think Eveready is right about the job being a bit more junior than the title suggests.

Comparing salaries isn't really that helpful though, if everyone's salary is too low. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think Eveready is right about the job being a bit more junior than the title suggests.

Comparing salaries isn't really that helpful though, if everyone's salary is too low. 

Yeah but you could live like a king on £40k in Newcastle 🙂

I'm not going but someone should definitely ask whether they still have reliable sources at the club, or whether it's changed since Ashworth came in.

They can always just lie like, but it might give us an idea based on how they answer it.

10 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm not going but someone should definitely ask whether they still have reliable sources at the club, or whether it's changed since Ashworth came in.

They can always just lie like, but it might give us an idea based on how they answer it.

I'm not going but someone should definitely ask them wether they still have the desire to continue in the profession given Luke Edwards gets all the Intel and has all the best takes

Feel like Southampton might be dark horses for the magical, famous and historically coveted EPL numero 7. They've been forward thinking in the transfer market this window and have hung onto JWP. If they don't sign an effective attacker they'll probably still be distanced from the Conference League scrap, but if they do, they might have a good season. 

5 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

I think Everton will be much closer to the drop than that depending on how quickly they get rid of Frank.

Agreed.  They have lost Richarlison, DCL sounds like he's crocked for a month or so again.  He'll miss plenty of games again, I'd have thought.  They've signed McNeill and Tarkowski.  Hardly seem like players who are going to transform them from last season's shit show.

I think they'll be in a relegation crap again and will be close to the bottom 3.  Possibly even in it.