General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Cracking marketing role being advertised by the club, closing date in a few weeks:

Marketing Manager - Club

This is an exciting time at Newcastle United and we are looking for talented individuals to help us on our journey. To help us deliver on our ambitious plans we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager (Club) to join our friendly Marketing team.

Leading a team consisting of a Marketing Manager (Meetings and Events) and two Designers, you will be an experienced and inspirational Marketing professional with significant experience in a senior marketing role. You will possess excellent copywriting and communication skills gained either in an agency or corporate environment.

As a brand guardian for the club, you will have strong communication and negotiation skills and be comfortable leading a team through an exciting period of transformation. You will be comfortable collaborating at a senior level and will work alongside the Head of Marketing and department heads to determine and deliver marketing strategy to support meeting KPI’s.

A strong track record in maximising social media to drive engagement and significant experience of using CRM systems are essential, as is a relevant degree or comparable marketing qualification / experience.

With a salary of £38,000 - £42,000, an employee bonus scheme, free city centre parking, hybrid working (non-contractual) and a wide range of benefits this is an excellent opportunity to join

We anticipate (subject to panel availability) that first stage interviews will take place on Tuesday 23 August, Wednesday 24 August and Thursday 25 August between 10.00am 13.00pm.

If you are successful at this stage, you will be invited back for a final assessment which is anticipated to take place on Tuesday 30 August, Wed 31 August, Thursday 1 August between 10.00am 13.00pm. 

https://www.nufc.co.uk/club/jobs/

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That's not a great salary for a marketing manager in the private sector like. Should be starting around 50k. You'd get the wage they're offering as a team leader in the public sector.

It’s really low for the role isn’t it? Or are the salaries “low-ish” in the area? I’ve a friend who’s a marketing manager for a Swedish ice hockey club who makes twice as much (for a club with a revenue 1/10th of the size of NUFC’s). Strange. 

Villa were advertising a very similar role last week for £32,000-36,000 per annum. I see these roles every day and the salary was surprisingly high for the job type and region.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Bournemouth just posted a coaching vacancy paying £16,000 for 37 hours per week, to give people some perspective.

Christ almighty.

I assume it was an academy coach? But still that’s disgusting 

https://careers.avfc.co.uk/job/senior-marketing-executive-events-and-activations

This was the Villa one, actually worse than I remembered. £26-35k.

Bournemouth was £16-18k, but there's a decent amount of depth to what they're asking: https://www.afcb.co.uk/media/203565/afcb-community-sports-trust-community-coach-inclusion.pdf. It's not just "turn up and do what the senior coach tells you".

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

Villa were advertising a very similar role last week for £32,000-36,000 per annum. I see these roles every day and the salary was surprisingly high for the job type and region.

My boss met Stave-o last season and she said they were trying to mirror London wages on the business side of the club to attract better talent. What we've posted doesn't seem massively off what those at the smaller PL London clubs are offering. Tbf, I'm not sure I'd want to attract many from those clubs anyway [emoji38]

The disparity in salaries,

on and off the pitch is quite disgusting when seen in such harsh light. I totally get the argument that there is so much money in Premier League football that inevitably clubs are going to pay the ridiculous salaries we see for players. Should there not be the same argument and  some trickledown down to all employees? That is, if you are exceptional at ‘marketing’ or whatever, should there not be a Premier League club weighting added to that? 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

That's not a great salary for a marketing manager in the private sector like. Should be starting around 50k. You'd get the wage they're offering as a team leader in the public sector.

Free City centre parking takes it close to the 50k mark the way the car parking charges are going up

42 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s an absolute insult to pay someone with qualifications and experience a salary as low as that. The whole system is broken. 

What the NUFC jobs?