General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

37 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Extended MOTD highlights of Man Utd (h) in 1993-94. Love owt like this.

That high press man, playing without real wingers and spraying the ball around on that dog shit pitch, the football we played had never been seen in this country before at that time, we swarmed all over them, we were relentless and they were simply overwhelmed. People mention pressing today, watch those highlights and watch how we pressed and that was ‘93! Thanks for sharing, happy days and you will see similar days, but not on YouTube, but in person, I’m sure :smitten:

Edited by HTT II

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Marcelino's an agent now by the looks of his Instagram. Acuna has something to do with Conmebol, Bassedas Sporting Director of Velez, not sure on Gavilan but seems all doing well and they all speak highly of us whenever they're interviewed.

Seems to be reserve team manager at Cerro Porteño. Miggy’s old club.

Can anyone think of Newcastle or football-related incidents from years gone by that were a big deal at the time but now seem to have been largely forgotten? 

The one I thought of today - Shearer wrongly being given the first red card of his career on the opening day of the 99/00 season at SJP vs Villa. Was later rescinded. 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/on-this-day-in-1999-alan-shearer-sent-off-on-100th-appearance-for-newcastle-1596713063000

3 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Can anyone think of Newcastle or football-related incidents from years gone by that were a big deal at the time but now seem to have been largely forgotten? 

The one I thought of today - Shearer wrongly being given the first red card of his career on the opening day of the 99/00 season at SJP vs Villa. Was later rescinded. 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/on-this-day-in-1999-alan-shearer-sent-off-on-100th-appearance-for-newcastle-1596713063000

Jenas's red card against Arsenal.

Steve Bennett - or the "Orpington Oaf" as .com used to call him - sent him off and it was downgraded to a yellow afterwards.

25 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Shearer kicking Lennon in the head then apparently refusing to play for England if he received an FA charge

I clearly recall Lennon actually head butting Shearer’s foot!

2 hours ago, TBG said:

Shepherd and Hall describing women from the North East as "dogs"

This is a good one, I was at the first game after that stuff came out and the mood in the ground was nasty. Think it was a 2-1 defeat at home to Palace. Chants of "Sack The Board" and a very edgy atmosphere, including me dad having a bust-up with the bloke in front of us :lol: