General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

When can we expect February games to be announced? 

6 December but don't take that as gospel. The dates for December and January were both supposed to be out in mid October, and they only released December ones 3 weeks after the deadline and the January ones now.

I'd probably go Partey & Bentancour (?) over Bruno & Xaka and Martinelli & Foden over Maddison & Almiron.

If it was based on players whos exceeded expectations, it's probably more accurate the one posted by Shearer.

Edited by Conjo

NWOAT, but who's your player of the season so far? For me the top three would be...

3. Almiron 

Eight goals and an assist is some going, with a few belters in there too. He's formed a fantastic understanding with Trippier down the right.

2. Trippier 

I've ran out of superlatives to describe him. He really does have it all. Defensively solid, fantastic going forward, a threat  from set pieces and fantastic leadership. He'll go down in history as our most important signing.

1. Schar 

Possibly a controversial call, but I think he's been absolutely superb. An ever present in the joint best defence in the league. Not only has he barely put a foot wrong defensively (maybe Villa aside), but his range of passing out of defence is superb. The improvement from last season, let along under Bruce is another Howe success story.

Bentancur is immense like. Am I right in remembering that both him and Kulusevski were loans with obligation to buy or did they buy them outright? Both amazing players. Tottenham really should be playing better football than they are 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Bentancur is immense like. Am I right in remembering that both him and Kulusevski were loans with obligation to buy or did they buy them outright? Both amazing players. Tottenham really should be playing better football than they are 

Think they bought them both (as a pair) but 1 had a big sell on fee. Spurs wanted to minimise the sell on fee so one went really cheaply but the other seemed a bit expensive. The pair of them combined cost probably what they should have but the individual deals meant Juve kept almost all of the fees and passed nothing on to any other clubs. I think. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

NWOAT, but who's your player of the season so far? For me the top three would be...

3. Almiron 

Eight goals and an assist is some going, with a few belters in there too. He's formed a fantastic understanding with Trippier down the right.

2. Trippier 

I've ran out of superlatives to describe him. He really does have it all. Defensively solid, fantastic going forward, a threat  from set pieces and fantastic leadership. He'll go down in history as our most important signing.

1. Schar 

Possibly a controversial call, but I think he's been absolutely superb. An ever present in the joint best defence in the league. Not only has he barely put a foot wrong defensively (maybe Villa aside), but his range of passing out of defence is superb. The improvement from last season, let along under Bruce is another Howe success story.

Probably is WOAT tbf if we did a pile of categories...

Player of the season so far is ridiculously hard, like. There's a shout for Pope too; he's been absolutely tremendous. 

33 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Probably is WOAT tbf if we did a pile of categories...

Player of the season so far is ridiculously hard, like. There's a shout for Pope too; he's been absolutely tremendous. 

Trips for me I think. He's the one player I feel like if you took him out of the club, the club definitely wouldn't be the same because he's so influential tactically and mentally. Having him in the team makes you feel like you've locked down literally half the pitch.

Almiron, BDB, Schär for me.

All performing way above what I thought we’d ever see from them even with them playing well which I value really high in things like this. Botman, Bruno, Trippier for us or Haaland and KdB for City…they’re just class and doing what you’d expect so fair play but I always like to lean into who’s improved or doing a Michael Ricketts so aye that.

A PL team of that ilk would be:

Pope

Shite-Webster-Schär-Burn

Mac Allister-Palhinha-Trossard

Miggy-Mitro-Rodrigo

Toney had a tenner on him not getting in so it was only fair to let him win.

It says everything that you can easily make the case for a handful of players. You could easily make cases for Almiron, Trippier, Schär, Bruno, Pope, Burn, Botman, and Joelinton.  And you could probably make cases for Willock and Wilson for less immediately noticeable reasons. That's 10 players out of a realistically possible 11, which is ridiculous.

I think for me overall it has to be Trippier because he's not just been great and consistent, but it's clear that he's been a catalyst for other players to improve their own games and that he's a really positive influence and a leader.

Barely anything between any of them though, they've all been excellent.

38 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

it's clear that he's been a catalyst for other players to improve their own games and that he's a really positive influence and a leader.

He’s absolutely fucking class like. Again, I’m watching videos and podcasts with people I genuinely dislike to ingest content that he’s in.

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

He’s absolutely fucking class like. Again, I’m watching videos and podcasts with people I genuinely dislike to ingest content that he’s in.

Under the Cosh? :lol: Just finished watching that now and couldn't agree more.

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Under the Cosh? :lol: Just finished watching that now and couldn't agree more.

Aye, I had to put it away last night about half way through, finish it off tomorrow. The guy in the cap :anguish: who can’t speak and doesn’t seem to serve any purpose bar hosting Parkin and the other lad who aren’t good enough to get a TV gig.