General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

No match thread obviously, but I hope for the Palace game we play as strong as team as possible. With it being so close to the World Cup break and at home, the need to rest players is less of a priority. I'm pretty sure Palace will play their strongest 11. Going to be interesting how Howe is thinking though. I can see St Max, Shelvey and Anderson possibly starting, but I'm still far from convinced with our back up options. What's people's thoughts?

Can anyone remember any specific game or performance from the Lockdown/ Steve Bruce era of football? As I just watched some highlights of a victory against Everton 2 years ago today on Reddit, and I honestly didn't have a clue, and couldnt remember a single thing. It's like them abject soulless two years didn't happen, the only thing I really remember is the 1-0 defeat to Sheff United, everything else is just a blur :lol:

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

Can anyone remember any specific game or performance from the Lockdown/ Steve Bruce era of football? As I just watched some highlights of a victory against Everton 2 years ago today on Reddit, and I honestly didn't have a clue, and couldnt remember a single thing. It's like them abject soulless two years didn't happen, the only thing I really remember is the 1-0 defeat to Sheff United, everything else is just a blur :lol:

A couple of them tbf, remember the first game of the season at West Ham, win v Burnley at home, win at Everton and a few more when I think about it.

But tbh it's probably for the best that I and everyone else does their hardest to forget that period. March 2020-June 2021 was nowt but an absolutely depressing part of my and most people's lives and the football was barely football in my eyes. It was soulless, monotonous bilge and Bruceball and Bruce himself were nauseating.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:
1 hour ago, 54 said:

Expand  

A couple of them tbf, remember the first game of the season at West Ham, win v Burnley at home, win at Everton and a few more when I think about it.

But tbh it's probably for the best that I and everyone else does their hardest to forget that period. March 2020-June 2021 was nowt but an absolutely depressing part of my and most people's lives and the football was barely football in my eyes. It was soulless, monotonous bilge and Bruceball and Bruce himself were nauseating.

I would say it was the nadir but I did take some pleasure out of how abominably shit we were and the feeling of total vindication regarding Bruce. Not by much, but it probably beat the agony of the latter Pardew days - when the apathy seemed neverending - and the initial Bruce days, when the pain of losing Rafa was so raw. 

I can vaguely recall watching a couple of games right after Graeme Jones arrived; winning at Everton and then immediately losing at home to Palace. Think I watched the Burnley one where everything flipped and suddenly we were staying up, yay etc. 

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Spanking Eddie Howes Bournemouth 4-1!

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I would say it was the nadir but I did take some pleasure out of how abominably shit we were and the feeling of total vindication regarding Bruce. Not by much, but it probably beat the agony of the latter Pardew days - when the apathy seemed neverending - and the initial Bruce days, when the pain of losing Rafa was so raw. 

I can vaguely recall watching a couple of games right after Graeme Jones arrived; winning at Everton and then immediately losing at home to Palace. Think I watched the Burnley one where everything flipped and suddenly we were staying up, yay etc. 

2019-20 and those first few months post Benitez wasn't too bad for me personally because I was a fresher at uni then and most days was just drinking, meeting new people, going out, lasses etc so it was easier to switch off or distance myself from how involved I was when Benitez was here and a ST holder. Still watched 9 games out of 10 mind, wanted us to win, celebrated goals and so on despite knowing that in the bigger picture it was pointless.

But lockdown and COVIDball was just depressing, it was a completely different sport altogether. I only ever watched us out of a sense of duty, never big 6 games, no CL, EL. Nowt. It was absolutely shit and its no wonder I don't remember too many games (for someone who can be a bit of an NUFC guru :lol: ) unless I'm told specifically about them from that period.

On 28/10/2022 at 14:05, 54 said:

One of my favourite ever Newcastle goals that one. We've scored loads that are probably better, but that one just sticks out for me for some reason.

Loved Oba as a player tbh, even though he's pretty far down the list of NUFC strikers in terms of quality, I just loved his style of play. 

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

One of my favourite ever Newcastle goals that one. We've scored loads that are probably better, but that one just sticks out for me for some reason.

Loved Oba as a player tbh, even though he's pretty far down the list of NUFC strikers in terms of quality, I just loved his style of play. 

All of this 100%. 

33 minutes ago, Paully said:

Has any club have had the manager of the month, the player of the month and the goal of the month during the same month before?!

Chelsea in November 2016 the only time.

Have a feeling that Tielemans is going to win goal of the month, though. 

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Chelsea in November 2016 the only time.

Have a feeling that Tielemans is going to win goal of the month, though. 

Even Miggy's Everton goal was better!