Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

As soon as any reported interest is declared, regardless of an offer/resignation, from a competitor, a general rule of thumb is they place you on gardening leave until the intricacies are worked out for all parties.   Accounts normally blocked from sign in and devices returned. 

Just now, KaKa said:

I believe it is the typical formality, yes, but seems very far fetched claiming that means he was sacked. 

Sure a phone call is deemed sufficient notice of resignation but understand most if not all would put it down in writing regardless for peace of mind and traceability.

Honestly would like this sorted with as little fuss as possible, although I do feel Ashworth has been a little rat and an example needs to be made here.

We aren't a pushover anymore.

Only being reported by Saudi briefed journos. No reputable source anywhere else has given this any legs.

Pesky Newcastle desperate to get some more FFP wiggle room. A non-story. :bluestar:

Just now, NE27 said:

Sure a phone call is deemed sufficient notice of resignation but understand most if not all would put it down in writing regardless for peace of mind and traceability.

Honestly would like this sorted with as little fuss as possible, although I do feel Ashworth has been a little rat and an example needs to be made here.

We aren't a pushover anymore.

We absolutely have to take this as far as need be. Even if it runs and runs. A precedent has to be set.

This is an unbelievable piss take of epic proportions.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I believe it is the typical formality, yes, but seems very far fetched claiming that means he was sacked. 

It depends on the wording in the contract, most will say it needs to be in writing but not all do by any means and if the contract is silent on it then verbal would be binding

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Only being reported by Saudi briefed journos. No reputable source anywhere else has given this any legs.

Pesky Newcastle desperate to get some more FFP wiggle room. A non-story. :bluestar:

You mean none of the usual Man Utd client journalists @Froggylad. Probably trying to bury it as it’s a pie on face moment for stumpy Dan.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

He’s still on salary. 

Yeah, great point actually [emoji38]

The man is an absolute charlatan, making that claim, while continuing to collect his salary :lol:

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

You mean none of the usual Man Utd client journalists @Froggylad. Probably trying to bury it as it’s a pie on face moment for stumpy Dan.

All the articles are running with Ashworth's mistake, when IMO Berrada would be the one who's in bigger trouble. 

That's if any of this is true of course.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

All the articles are running with Ashworth's mistake, when IMO Berrada would be the one who's in bigger trouble. 

It’s Ashworth’s mistake that exposed all this so naturally the focus will be on him. Not a great look stitching your boss up before either of you “officially” on the payroll, dicey Ineos email accounts aside.

If the employer (NUFC) placed the employee on gardening leave based on the verbal intention to resign, without a formal resignation letter, it could be seen as the employer taking preemptive action.

However, this does not necessarily equate to termination. The key point is whether the employee’s intention to resign was clear and acknowledged by both parties.

The contract terms will play a crucial role.

If the contract stipulates that gardening leave can be initiated upon verbal notice of resignation, then the employer’s action may be justified.

Conversely, if the contract requires a written resignation, the employer’s initiation of gardening leave without this could be challenged.

The employee might argue they were effectively dismissed, especially if they did not formally resign in writing if was required by the contract.

However, as they are still receiving their salary and benefits, it technically does not constitute firing.

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Typical arrogant manc moron response 

18 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Ashwortgs mistake leading to him being up to his neck in shit and Berrada up to his nose.........doesn't matter who's in it more, as for us, it strengthens our hand regarding Ashowrth moving to you.

I have no idea what the conclusion of all this will be. Rattledcliffe has clearly tried to pull a fast one and has been caught out. Meanwhile, he’s been taking jabs at Newcastle in the media making this a high profile situation (rather silly really), so his ego probably won’t be able to take forking out reasonable compensation. I wouldn’t be surprised if Daniel finds himself unemployed in late 2025. I reckon at some point during the summer Rattledcliffe has one last lash out, probably in an interview with Oliver Holt, and walks away while accepting none of the blame.

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

I have no idea what the conclusion of all this will be. Rattledcliffe has clearly tried to pull a fast one and has been caught out. Meanwhile, he’s been taking jabs at Newcastle in the media making this a high profile situation (rather silly really), so his ego probably won’t be able to take forking out reasonable compensation. I wouldn’t be surprised if Daniel finds himself unemployed in late 2025. I reckon at some point during the summer Rattledcliffe has one last lash out, probably in an interview with Oliver Holt, and walks away while accepting none of the blame.

Typical brexiteer, blame doesn’t sit comfortably with them!!

On 22/02/2024 at 17:24, SR16 said:

I'm surprised Dan let his head be turned like this. He should have known PIF wouldn't let him go easily.

If Ratface n dan had any sense they should have approached NUFC first so at least there would be negotiations. 

Now we will not release him from his contract will Manure still want him??

Biggest loser is Dan the Garden Man - He deserves it for underestimating his employers!

Whichever way it goes it shows a major lack of business sense from Garden Dan and Manure are welcome to him. 

Called it :celb:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Also the Berrada thing is bad vibes. Fancy being on gardening leave and having an email address for the company owned by the minority owner of your future employer who is the person in charge of footballing ops. Ratcliffe will give it the “this happens all the time in business shit” but football isn’t like other businesses, certainly not a chemicals company.

It’s just pure boneheaded and if I’m City I’m seeking extra compo for what Berrada has cost them in gardening leave pay and not paying the remainder. I’d also be taking legal action as NUFC for leaking commercially sensitive confidential information to a competitor.

No wonder they won't pay up for Ashworth, they're just going to have him work for them during gardening leave anyways.:lol:

Edited by Erikse

41 minutes ago, Froggy said:

What do you mean if it's true? The Daily Mail said so. The Mail for God's sake. Who do you need reporting it? David Attenborough?

2 minutes ago, Checko said:

What do you mean if it's true? The Daily Mail said so. The Mail for God's sake. Who do you need reporting it? David Attenborough?

Mail, Telegraph and Times reporting it. Funnily enough the red tops, who have the most cosy relationships with Man Utd, aren’t going there.

5 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Mail, Telegraph and Times reporting it. Funnily enough the red tops, who have the most cosy relationships with Man Utd, aren’t going there.

Athletic now too

Just fyi @Froggy, you guys created this entire mess all on your own. Between the apparent tapping up, the inability to negotiate a fair release, your “billionaire” who can’t shut up over this whole issue and blabs about it on a TV interview and this entire idea and narrative that WE are being unreasonable. Your club, and all of its pomp and circumstance can fuuuuuck right off. 

You’re alright tho as you know. No issues with you mate. But seriously don’t even try and bait this shit. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just fyi @Froggy, you guys created this entire mess all on your own. Between the apparent tapping up, the inability to negotiate a fair release, your “billionaire” who can’t shut up over this whole issue and blabs about it on a TV interview and this entire idea and narrative that WE are being unreasonable. Your club, and all of its pomp and circumstance can fuuuuuck right off. 

You’re alright tho as you know. No issues with you mate. But seriously don’t even try and bait this shit. 

Let Froggy have his bit of fun. The tears will soon come.

We have the Euros, Copa America and Olympics this summer. Going to be a lot going on for a good number of players.

Howe confirmed the other day in an interview that the summer business started and has been in place since January.

The season has now ended and Man United are still dicking about and don't have some key people in place still, with no resolution over the manager either.

By the time they sort all that out and need to speak to players they're after, with this packed summer schedule, I think it could get very chaotic.

We will soon see.

Posted (edited)

Jesus they're utterly deranged on redcafe. Now complaining we're using the press. Ermm, that's precisely what Man U were doing to kick all this off.

In order, they have...

1. Disrupted our Dof via the press

2. Made a secret approach without contacting the club

3. Offered compensation below what we'd paid Brighton (who we formally approached and kept it all above board)

4. Publicly complained to the media that we wouldn't just give in to their ridiculous demands and very poor behaviour.

What the fuck do they expect [emoji38] All they had to do was go through proper channels and not offer derisory, loss making compensation. Basically don't be cunts.

Edited by Turnbull2000