Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

31 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I was going to say this. He's apparently mates with our new part owners. He's still going to be involved and you won't get compensation. 

I'd take the money now. Better for everyone involved. 

Typical Man U fan. Fuck him and fuck your club. Your club can pay the compensation and he can sit watching Netflix for a good few months. If you are so desperate and want him now, then you can negotiate to pay a much higher increased value for him. 

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Typical Man I fan. Fuck him and fuck your club. Your club can pay the compensation and he can sit watching Netflix for a good few months. If you are so desperate and want him now, then you can negotiate to pay a much higher increased value for him. 

The knowledge he has and our transfer blue-print is worth way more than a few million in compo.

Put him on gardening leave for the maximum allowable under his contract.

37 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I was going to say this. He's apparently mates with our new part owners. He's still going to be involved and you won't get compensation. 

Nah

39 minutes ago, Froggy said:

yeah, like this isn't the threat every time this situation happens.

Does compensation we get for him impact FFP?

If not, I'd honestly like us to be as petty as fuck about this if we can :lol:

And yeah, I'd like to see him crash and burn there and not just for the impact it will have on Man U, but also him personally :thup:

I’d rather he was on gardening leave for as long as possible than receive a single penny! He knows everything about our plans / strategy / targets / finances etc 

Ferk them wankers especially after the Lingard carry-on! 

Edited by Paully

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

I’d rather he was on gardening leave for as long as possible than receive a single penny! He knows everything about our plans / strategy / targets / finances etc 

Ferk them wankers especially after the Lingard carry-on! 

100% this

40 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Typical Man U fan. Fuck him and fuck your club. Your club can pay the compensation and he can sit watching Netflix for a good few months. If you are so desperate and want him now, then you can negotiate to pay a much higher increased value for him. 

Froggy’s on the wind up man

Sat in his yellow & green striped y-fronts dangling juicy maggots  :fishing:

7 hours ago, morpeth mag said:

I wonder if the failure of the Tonali and Hall signings; and to an extent Livramento, have made Ashworth feel it is time to start again elsewhere.

I feel like I’ve heard this a fair bit, and although I’ve not really been paying attention it didn’t make sense. Have the Hall and Livramento signings been a failure? I presumed they were brought in as young players to develop as part of the squad going forward, and I really rate Livramento.

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Froggy’s on the wind up man

Sat in his yellow & green striped y-fronts dangling juicy maggots  :fishing:

He's a typical Man U fan to me and I've always thought that. I don't usually comment on what he has to say as I'm not interested with his views on the self entitled club. Maybe he is being a WUM, but I'll go with him just being the usual arrogant Man U supporter

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

And?

Are you going to wait minimum of 12 months like?

When you need to rebuild your stadium, rebuilt your training facilities, rebuild your squad, get a new manager.

Delaying your big rebuild for a year, or 2/3 could make us leapfrog you and put some distance in.

16 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He's a typical Man U fan to me and I've always thought that. I don't usually comment on what he has to say as I'm not interested with his views on the self entitled club. Maybe he is being a WUM, but I'll go with him just being the usual arrogant Man U supporter

Was it something I said? 

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Restrictive covenants / gardening leave are legal agreements. Not just a nod and a wink that they won’t be in contact with their new employer 

Any commercially sensitive dialogue at all between him and Man U people in relation to his new role will see him banged to rights by the lawyers

But you probably already know that and are just on the wind up, you pesky little scamp 

Sounds very difficult to prove. 

Just now, buzz said:

It is but coaches have been caught in the NFL for violating a ban. Would consulting with a rival after being put on Garden leave be a criminal offence? Serious question as I do not know UK labour laws.

Regardless if he goes now or in the summer, is there anything to stop him tipping off Man U to players he's been scouting for us? Nothing that could be proven surely?

35 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I feel like I’ve heard this a fair bit, and although I’ve not really been paying attention it didn’t make sense. Have the Hall and Livramento signings been a failure? I presumed they were brought in as young players to develop as part of the squad going forward, and I really rate Livramento.

It's a concept alien to our fans, the idea that you could spend big money on potential.

Livramento has been outstanding and will soon be a regular.

Hall is a mystery. Looked good for Chelsea... has looked really raw for us. Not sure how that one goes.

So yeah, like every other club... you win some you lose some. Not for our fans though. Someone must hang.

6 minutes ago, buzz said:

I’ve seen the lawyers get involved in middle management jobs 

The actions of a Director of a high profile football club will be far more visible and open to scrutiny 

4 minutes ago, Beth said:

Regardless if he goes now or in the summer, is there anything to stop him tipping off Man U to players he's been scouting for us? Nothing that could be proven surely?

Probably the same reason we haven’t stepped in and bought all of Brighton’s targets 

Different clubs, different needs 

40 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

As we lost a few games the forum is now 60-70% doom posting. None of it makes sense.