Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

What a f’ing wankfeast this is in the media. Really pathetic. 
Also, if true; Dan Ashworth - fuck off. 
Rinse Manure for compensation and send DA on gardering leave for a year. 
Manure has never done us any favors. 

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

Everything to do with Man U turns into some Love Island Paul Danan turbo shite drama. For all their excitement, they’re still going to have that mediocrity Ten Haag running the team for the foreseeable.

I would sacrifice compensation for making him go on gardening leave for a year.

Paul Danan, christ [emoji38]

There's a name a never thought I'd see again.

What was he famous for?

Really not arsed about this , we’ll have no shortage of takers for his job, high calibre candidates too. 

Only thing I’m bothered about is rinsing man United 

Edited by Elliottman

How the club handles this will be massive in terms of people’s perceptions of us. Allowing him to leave for pennies and letting him work immediately will make us look like pussies. Bend them over, lube them up and make them squeal like piggies and everyone will know we can be ruthless and not to be messed with. 

4 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

How the club handles this will be massive in terms of people’s perceptions of us. Allowing him to leave for pennies and letting him work immediately will make us look like pussies. Bend them over, lube them up and make them squeal like piggies and everyone will know we can be ruthless and not to be messed with. 

The perception of us would have been set by how we handled Bayern’s interest in Trippier, rather than someone behind the scenes.

At the time we got him we were rightly excited about the appointment and his credibility, people dismissing him now are clearly doing so as some sort of coping mechanism.

He's clearly highly rated and losing him isn't a good thing, however it doesn't need to be a bad thing either. If he's replaced well then hopefully we won't feel any impact to him moving on. 

I'm not concerned about him knowing about our transfer targets/plans, there's plenty of players out there so we can easily pivot.

My only wish is for us to make this as difficult for Man U as possible, they were being pricks when it came to us wanting Lingard and we should absolutely be the same back. I'd rather make them wait than accept a few million quid.

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

Yes @Geordie Ahmed, I didn't really feel strongly about hiring him beyond the fact we were getting lots of pats on the back for hiring him. So to me the most exciting thing was NUFC demonstrably taking it's backroom seriously for the first time in my life. I think there are legit question marks over whether he's as good or important as his reputation suggests - everything about him personally comes across like a fraudulent NHS managerial consult - but on the balance of probabilities, he's one of the best at what he does, and his reputation itself is beneficial.

If we lose him, so be it. I've got full confidence we'll hire someone of comparable if not superior ability. As one or two people have already said in this thread, if he's as good as he's meant to be, we'll have already absorbed a substantial percentage of the benefit of hiring him e.g. our new youth scouting structure, initial designs for our new training centre/s. We'll know what good looks like when we speak to potential replacements. Apart from the knife in the back, Eddie looked truly unfazed about him not being here in the future.

How far up Radcliffe, Brailsford, ineos collective asses are sky and the like man? Fucking nauseating.

Wasn't Brailsford at the centre of the whole blood doping thing at team sky cycling?

Conveniently air brushed from history.

31 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Keith Gillespie, or was that before you supported them?

I actually met Gillespie when I was about 5 in Newry.  I can't remember why. :lol: was thinking it was when a Man United XI vs Newry but that would have been a few years later in around 97/98.

Still have Erik Nevlands autograph somewhere. Wonder how much that's worth? :lol:

Gillespie was good for you as well was he not? 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Erm... 

Nicky Butt? 

Alan Smith?? 

Gabriel Obertan??? 

God bless you @Froggy, the ultimate WUM! As a package Alan Smith’s £21m isn’t quite as offensive as Michael Owen’s robbery without violence but at least Owen scored some goals.

Just now, Froggy said:

I actually met Gillespie when I was about 5 in Newry.  I can't remember why. :lol: was thinking it was when a Man United XI vs Newry but that would have been a few years later in around 97/98.

Still have Erik Nevlands autograph somewhere. Wonder how much that's worth? :lol:

Aye he was class for a period, couldn't believe we got soemone as good as him as part of a 7 mil transfer, given 7 mil was a lot back then and he was probably worth 2-3 himself.

Erik Nevland... reminds me of the old Premier Manager games where he'd always be on the transfer list at the start of the game.

12 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

The perception of us would have been set by how we handled Bayern’s interest in Trippier, rather than someone behind the scenes.

I think this plays a role too though. The Arnesen stuff certainly highlighted Levy’s willingness to fight, later shown in other off-field areas such as West Ham trying to get a stadium for peanuts. I did find this contemporary article interesting:

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2005/jun/25/newsstory.sport1

A possible 3-point penalty :lol:. Pathetic.

50 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Erik Nevland was the greatest Man Utd - NUFC transfer of all time.

On every one of my Champ Man 97/98 games.  John Curtis was pretty damn good, too.