Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

8 hours ago, Gazzaschicken said:

I don't recall ashworth being this much of a coup when we signed him but now he's going to manure he's Jesus Christ reincarnated.

Although I would have liked to keep him it looks like he's gone regardless.

Bit late here but are you kidding?  People were going mad about him and his work for Brighton, he was interviewed on sky or bt

20 minutes ago, Displayname said:

That doesnt make any sense tbh. Either both or neither count one should think.

FFP is calculated on total income, but then certain things are not included in outgoings like academy, women’s team and any money spent behind the scenes on infrastructure etc.

I am not sure if non-first team staff are included in the calculation or not, which is what Ashworth would fall under.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Well you can, and have. 

We did initially due to the lack of investment under Ashley but can't going forward. Newcastle have a fraction of the commercial income Man U have. There is no comparison. It's never been about the economics for Man U it's how they have spent it.  Hence why they want Ashworth.  

7 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Any company worth its salt has monitoring software and has probably blocked personal email and cloud accounts. Hopefully one of things that wasn’t overlooked in the transition from Mike Ashley’s penny pinching.

There is no way to fully protect yourself, it's just impossible, no matter what you do. He would've had access to all our top summer transfer targets up until a week ago. All he had to remember was 5-10 names, which is not hard at all. There is absolutely nothing stopping him from going to dinner with one of the INEOS representatives and having an informal conversation saying, 
- I believe Nico Williams from Atletic Club will be some player in the future. 

I dont believe his Non-Compete prevents him from talking about specific names or discussing football in general. All he had to do was take his cell phone and take pictures from the screen in front of him, to which he would've had access from anywhere in the World. No evidence left anywhere. We will either need to change some of our transfer planning or resolve this as soon as possible.

Makes zero sense to keep him and pay his full salary, while he has provided all the info to them. 

Darren Eales, Newcastle United CEO, said: "We are naturally disappointed that Dan has chosen to leave, however our exciting journey doesn't stop and the process to recruit a new sporting director will begin immediately.

"We thank Dan for his efforts at Newcastle United and we wish him and his family well for the future."

9 minutes ago, vidooq said:

There is no way to fully protect yourself, it's just impossible, no matter what you do. He would've had access to all our top summer transfer targets up until a week ago. All he had to remember was 5-10 names, which is not hard at all. There is absolutely nothing stopping him from going to dinner with one of the INEOS representatives and having an informal conversation saying, 

I dont believe his Non-Compete prevents him from talking about specific names or discussing football in general. All he had to do was take his cell phone and take pictures from the screen in front of him, to which he would've had access from anywhere in the World. No evidence left anywhere. We will either need to change some of our transfer planning or resolve this as soon as possible.

Makes zero sense to keep him and pay his full salary, while he has provided all the info to them. 

It will defo stop him from talking about football with rivals. 

If they go for multiple targets of ours we could take action. For first teamers we don’t have the same issues though.  

Actually quite excited about this. Think we could do with someone with a bit more of a player recruitment leaning to them.

Perhaps that would have helped with some of the decision making we've seen regarding doing a better job of targeting certain areas and getting a better balanced squad.

I know it's not fully resolved but hopefully the story very much dies down and doesn't become a distraction. 

Very much in the 'fuck him' camp. Man Utd have a higher ceiling but their current advantage is mostly based on the constructs of FFP, which we'll probably catch up with at some point. There's a very real opportunity to build something magnificent and memorable here with a club reborn; so much so that I don't see how joining today's Man Utd represents an obviously more palatable prospect. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I'm fully on board the Phil Giles train now. Seems like the perfect person to come in for where we are at the moment. 

Did a talk at the uni the other month. Bring. Him. Home. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

It will defo stop him from talking about football with rivals. 

If they go for multiple targets of ours we could take action. For first teamers we don’t have the same issues though.  

This.

The recriminations for Man Utd would be huge if they breached it. Transfer embargo etc.

Not a chance they’ll be blasé about it, nor will Ashworth. Just as we weren’t (and he wasn’t) when he was on gardening leave at Brighton.

Just now, Disco said:

Did a talk at the uni the other month. Bring. Him. Home. 

It should come as no surprise to you that the Uni doesn't have an alumni profile for him :lol: You'd think he'd at least be on one of those flags on campus considering who's already on there. 

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Imagine Ashworth’s LinkedIn page. 

Employment

Gardening Leave (due to jumping ship)

Employment

Gardening Leave (due to jumping ship)

Employment

Doesn’t exactly scream out consistent and dedicated employee. 

Reason for leaving your last job?

"I'm a rat"

I see...we'll be in touch.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Actually quite excited about this. Think we could do with someone with a bit more of a player recruitment leaning to them.

Perhaps that would have helped with some of the decision making we've seen regarding doing a better job of targeting certain areas and getting a better balanced squad.

I thought you were a big fan of our summer recruitment?

21 minutes ago, vidooq said:

If they go to Man Utd place a few bets in their names. The Dan Ashworth special.